AMA with Kate Hackett!

(Kate Hackett) #81

I never remember them, so…

(Kate Hackett) #82

I mean, GRUDGINGLY, but yes.

Patreon is for ME. It’s to keep ME solvent. Sometimes I use it to help fund projects, of course, because that’s part of keeping me solvent, but individual projects are in the 25,000+ range. I can’t do that alone.

(Kate Hackett) #83

90% of people won’t notice, so whatever.

(Kate Hackett) #84

I just go – are there programs? How are they better than just …posting every day/once a week/etc?

(Shawn Fournier) #85

As far as the Data Entry jobs, how did you go about finding those and what qualifications were they usually looking for? I have an A.A. Degree but not a Bachelor’s.

(Jaime Lancaster) #86

Oh I see- yes! Have those numbers changed since the beginning? Did a certain new perk convince people to up an existing donation?

(Kate Hackett) #87

Data entry probably isn’t something you need a BA for. I think I found them via friends. They were shit, garbage jobs.

(Bri Castellini) #88

I’m assuming (and @Ollie tell me if I’m wrong) he means things like Buffer or RecurPost or Tweetdeck that let you schedule a week, month, or year’s worth of updates all at once.

(Kate Hackett) #89

Yes! The $15 exclusive perk saw some upgrades. Beta Tester tier also saw a pop up. I’ve had a lot more upward mobility within existing patrons than attracting new ones.

(Ollie R) #90

yeah that’s what I meant sorry. For me the worst part of social media is remembering to update. Maintenance is the fucking worst

(Kate Hackett) #91

Oh!

Since Twitter changed itself and made it so you can’t post the same thing twice, it’s been kind of a waste. :frowning:

(Bri Castellini) #92

It’s a real pain in my ass. And before an edit button! smh

(Kate Hackett) #93

Yeah, I’m not a fan. I haven’t figured out how to adjust for that.

(Bri Castellini) #94

Another lost soul of a question!

(Bri Castellini) #95

ME EITHER. Will let you know if I figure something out.

(Meg Carroway) #96

Do you ever think about your “brand” as a public figure/actress/filmmaker? What is it?

(Kate Hackett) #97

Vlogs? Probably not. Yeah, they’re cheap and easy to make, but they’re also cheap and easy - time to move up. Classic Alice was made to get me out there. It did that. I don’t care for the format and the industry doesn’t embrace it, so PEACE VLOGS.

Longer digital series? Oh yes. Of course. It’s just about money. The Long Dig is a hot contender right now, but after mapping S1, my cocreator said to me “I think this is 300-400 thousand” and then I murdered him dead.

I have two others I’m playing with too!

(Kate Hackett) #98

Smart. Capable. Witty.

(Bri Castellini) #99

Alright folks, please give a huge round of virtual applause for our incredible and first 2-time AMA host @HackettKate! Be sure to give her Patreon a look, especially since there’s some fun limited-time-only stuff going on right now!

(Meg Carroway) #100

Thanks Kate!!