Are you new? Post here!

(Sarah Golden) #81

Hello, my name is Sarah. I’m a storyteller who loves stories from any medium: webseries, video games, movies, tv shows and of course books. I’ve written spec scripts for script contests, but I could definitely improve my skills in screenwriting. I have a few ideas for a web series, but I haven’t started one yet. I would love to be a screenwriter, and I even want to try acting.
I’ve been complimented on the way I write dialogue, but I could use help with organization and character development.
I’m so excited to be here, and I can’t wait to learn and connect with fellow creatives.
Thank you for this opportunity :slight_smile:

(Carolyn) #82

Hi everyone!

My name is Carolyn Busa and I am a stand-up comedian/writer based in Brooklyn, NY. I am the creator of a very low-budget, very ‘figuring it out as I go’ web series called Sexually Speaking which focuses on my sexuality as I turned 30.

For someone with no training or proper programs (I use iMovie to edit) I think my work is pretty damn good. However I do struggle with marketing and promoting my series and feel without a real foot in the film industry, my passion project stays stagnant. But ima keep doing it anyways, right!

Feel free to say hi or follow me here on Twitter.

:slight_smile:

(Bri Castellini) #83

Check out #Film-School:i-hate-marketing for marketing tips and tricks and also welcome!

(Krista Gallagher) #84

Hello everyone! I am new to Stareable and have never posted on any forum EVER!

My name is Krista and I’m a wife, mom, and full-time drug rep with an intense passion for comedy writing

I live outside of Washington DC in Arlington, VA.

Webseries made: PUSHERS, as in drug pushers, which is about two women (a black rep and a white rep) who sell a drug for post-childbirth vaginal dryness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ix7317BCwo
www.pushers-show.com

Preferred roles: Writer, Director, Actor
I’m best at: writing dialogue and absurd scenarios
I’m worst at: putting myself OUT THERE! I hired a life coach and am now boldly getting out of my comfort zone. I have written close to 25 episodes and will begin crowdfunding next month! We’ve applied to some film festivals and have gotten into one so far! (New York No Limits)

It’s nice to “meet” all of you!!

(Andrew Bearden) #85

Hey, guys! My name is Andrew. I’ve been a filmmaker for a few years and finally have my web series up and running and I couldn’t be happier. Here are a few things about me.

1.Name: Andrew Bearden
2.Location: Georgia
3.Web series made (if any): “BIZARRE”
4.Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): director, writer, editor
5.The film thing you’re best at: story
6.The film thing you’re worst at: color correcting

Be sure to check out my webseries, “BIZARRE!”

https://www.stareable.com/series/view/bizarre