Do you watch web series?

(Stareable) #1

We know you all make (or want to make) web series, but do you as a viewer actually watch others? Let us know, and if you have reasonings, leave them in the thread!

How often do you watch web series?

• More than once a week
  • More than once a month
  • I have a few favorite shows but don’t go beyond them
  • When I meet the creator
  • Never

0 voters

(Bri Castellini) #2

I know I’m gonna be an outlier because part of my JOB is watching web series, but even as a citizen I genuinely enjoy a lot of series and am always looking for new recommendations, same as I would TV. A lot of my faves are on hiatus or finished but when I get into a series, I will try to watch every week.

(Ray Robinson) #3

I make it a point to watch the ones that follow mine on Twitter. Every Wednesday I tweet my support of one with the hashtag #webseriesWednesday.

(Magdalena Waz) #4

I love that hashtag idea! Will definitely be following it. :slight_smile:

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #5

Around festival season is when I watch a lot of web series. Anything that entices me during a screening or if I meet someone who I like that made a series. It’s great way to start a conversation. “Hey. I watched your series, how did you do this?” I tend to use that as an icebreaker for networking purposes.

(Melissa Malone) #6

Well leave it to me to click the wrong thing. I make a point to watch at least one episode of a series that isn’t my own a week. I feel like community is SUCH a strong and important part of the web series world and I can’t expect people to watch my series if I’m not out there watching others. Also it’s a GREAT learning tool. Not to mention there’s an endless supply of pretty fantastic entertainment!

My viewing is always strongest after a festival because I come away with a list of shows I wanna catch!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #7

My current routine involves me on the couch in front of the TV at night, feeding a newborn. I’ll either put on a movie or a tv show, since Netflix is super easy to access and has the info I need before making my viewing decisions. There’s nothing like that in the webseries realm, which is unfortunate because right now I’m watching more content than I have in the past year.

To make webseries a part of my nightly viewing routine:

1. they’d have to be on Youtube or any streaming service on xbox one or ps4.
  2. I’d have to remember they are on that service when it comes time to pick what I want to watch.

I’ll watch the show during the day if I can sneak it in at work or if I’ve met the creator and want to talk to them about the show, but in general I don’t really have much time to watch things on my computer.

(Bri Castellini) #8

I think this means PSSST @georgereese SEEKA SHOULD HAVE AN XBOX APP!! :wink:

(Bri Castellini) #9

@georgereese not like y’all are busy or anything :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jonathan Hardesty) #10

I mean, I get it. Coding is one tough beast, and I imagine the demand for an xbox or ps4 app is probably little to none. I also imagine that most of the traffic comes from desktop. Still, I’d watch a lot more webseries if I could do so on my tv like I do netflix.