New article ideas?

(Bri Castellini) #1

'Bout that time again, folks. I NEED HELP COMING UP WITH ARTICLE IDEAS! What should I write about? What topics have I not covered enough? What burning questions do you have that I might be able to answer? I’m open to any/all suggestions!

giphy%20(19)
get it

(Herman Wang) #2

Me too - any more technical/VFX topics anyone needs to read about?

(Bri Castellini) #3

Things that come immediately to mind…

• How to film different superpowers for easiest post production (example: how do you fake flying/taking flight? How do you fake someone lifting a very heavy thing? Heat vision? Super speed?)
  • How to integrate practical set building with CGI to make an ordinary place seem otherworldly without being cheesy
  • Most common editing mistakes that could easily be fixed

(William E. Spear) #4

Anything that moves post-production preparation into pre-production or production would be interesting. Thanks for asking.

(William E. Spear) #5

Herman @hermdelica - Are there degrees of sophistication for VFX? Most of the time my brain goes into “Tilt” mode if I even think about considering VFX.

(Bri Castellini) #6

Sounds like another good @hermdelica idea!

(Herman Wang) #7

Most of what I’ve covered to date could be considered “Beginner Level”. I could cover what types of things are basic vs advanced, and I could also go into more advanced techniques.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #8

I need to piggyback on this thread as well since I’m also in search of good topics to write about!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #9

How do you prepare for events you’re a panel speaker for?

(Bri Castellini) #10

lmao “I do not” is my answer. I generally coast on my public speaking training.

(however…this topic might be a more useful thread or upcoming Teach Me Tuesday :smile:)

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #11

Fair enough!

(Kyla) #12

hey hi hello I need ideas as well!

(Bri Castellini) #13

YOU’RE ALL BOGARTING MY THREAD! :joy:

(Kyla) #14

fun fact, I had to look up what bogart meant, and:

“selfishly appropriate or keep (something, especially a lit marijuana cigarette).”

… beautiful.

(William E. Spear) #15

Further discussions of, or conversations with, international creators would be of interest.