Podcast Qs about POST PRODUCTION!

(Stareable) #1

Recording a podcast tomorrow with Stareable Fest speaker (check out the live stream of his panel!) and professional filmmaker Joshua Caldwell, director, writer, producer and MTV Movie Award winner, formerly of the YouTube Premium channel BlackBoxTV.

He’s edited several of his projects, directed far more, and will be answering questions about:

• Post production and keeping yourself motivated
  • How to set yourself up for success while on set to make editing easier
  • Misconceptions about “fix it in post”
  • And more!

Leave your Qs in the thread and we’ll answer on air!

(Bri Castellini) #2

@CommunityMVPs @gingernifty @threeminutesfast @spatulawilwheat @spectatorspork @hiamandataylor @chelsaat @Andrewdwilliams1989 @Meg @hailstorm @HailstoneHarper @mdec24 @Peppered @EricaHargreave @cagesafe @alwaysafilmgeek @meena @MelanieKingdom @w-e-spear @threeminutesfast

(Jules Pigott) #3

Hi! I always tend to edit footage as soon as possible, so I don’t have to worry about losing it or something. Do you think it’s a good idea to enter post production as soon as possible, or do you think you should let things sit for a while after production before getting started?

(Jonathan Kaplan) #4

my dream is to have someone take all the days footage and assemble it in a computer etc. so I can seamlessly move from shooting to editing.

(Bri Castellini) #5

Do you have any questions about post production (or how to move smoothly from production INTO post production) I can ask our podcast guest? He gets here in like 30 minutes so lemme know!