What are your creative goals for April?

(Bri Castellini) #1

Let’s keep each other accountable again! (and congrats to all the March goal-keepers!)

What are your creative goals for this month?

Mine are:

• Lock color and picture for my latest short horror film “Buy In”
  • Start finalizing the sound mix for Buy In
  • Pick production dates for my next short
  • Close-caption the rest of Brains season 2
  • Get 25 unique posts on this thread

Tagging those who have joined our goal threads before: @mintypineapple @Pia_0.0 @samlockie @NerdsOfTheVerse @SecretLivesPS @avincie @movieguyjon @jonathankyall @filmwritr4 @ghettonerdgirl @hermdelica @hailstorm @mdec24 @rjlackie @whoisjonporter @lauriestark @kmd @keif @Starting_Under @HackettKate @thembob @JimiJimi @Huxiley @Monica_Quinn @whoisjonporter @hbnuss @Jessi_Almstead @mkatiehunter @kimhoyos @GSurles @mdec24 @ButMel @EricaHargreave @avincie @alandver @OddLantern @WickedEnigmatv @tastewithkevin

What are your creative goals for May?
(Herman Wang) #2
  • First shoot of Season 4 next weekend with extras from the Harry Potter Society of London Ontario - should be fun!
  • Finalize summer shooting schedule (once I hear from a few festivals, etc)
  • Get a representative out to Vancouver and Miami Web Fests

(Kallum Weyman) #3

Well based on last months success I’m continuing to work towards for the pilot of the web series I’m working on.

Goal 1: Continue developing the legitimate front operation to recruit and convert tv students to my command.(Sarcasm) Continue to make and release a new episode of the subspace podcast. A new show that came in to being last month. My DOP for the other project is spearheading it with me so building that relationship is vital.

Goal 2: Record a read through of the script for the pilot for the writer so he can hear how it sounds from actors. Hopefully, we can keep some of the actors around. But not sure the boss will like it.

Goal 3: Search for some more production crew, a foley artist and a sound engineer are the current focus. But we are on the lookout for creative directors, video editors and an animator.

Goal 4: Write a draft of either my own series me and my DOP can work on sepreatly of a guest script for the seires I am developing.

(Kyla) #4
  • film 7 school scenes (10 booked)
  • film 9 non-school scenes (12 booked)
  • schedule shoots for may
  • become active on our tumblr
  • be consistently active on twitter and ig
  • outline / sxs new pilot idea
  • write new pilot idea?
  • continue to post stareable columns
  • talk with people who have shown interest in editing
  • release new teaser trailer?
  • reach out to film/journalism contacts for press

I’M INSANE LET’S GO. best of luck to everyone!

(Rodrigo Diaz Ricci) #5

Finish and premiere of the fifth episode of the animated web series I hope at the end of the month.

(Joseph Steven Heath) #6

April is going to be a little difficult because I’m going to be at the Chattanooga Film Festival, but I can do it!

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload The Ark in Space.
  • WoR: GIF, Edit, and Upload The Sontaran Experiment.
  • WoR: Record and GIF Genesis of the Daleks.
  • Edit at least two scenes of My Two Clones.
  • Watch a couple web series and write about them for this very website.

(Pia) #7
  • Go to three film events (networkings, screenings, whatever!)
  • Write three times a week
  • Do something else in threes because I like to stay on trend!

(sam lockie-waring) #8
  • finish writing new web pilot
  • try to submit pitch to stareable fest (if time)
  • look for a better job

(Jonathan Hardesty) #9

:black_square_button: Lock down social media strategy for Flagon S1/S2.

:black_square_button: Start getting the assets prepared for the social media strategy.

(Meg Carroway) #10

Let’s do this!!

• Write two more episodes in my new series
  • Make plans to meet up with my writing group at least two times this month
  • Make tentative story boards for web series pilot
  • Make plan B storyboards in case we lose a certain location

(Marina Tait) #11

My goals this month are about outreach, marketing, and getting to know the community. (I wish I had known about Stareable before I arrived here last month, finished web series already in hand. Lots of these to-do items are things I just learned about here! So much great info.)

• Go to Stareable IRL Los Angeles meetup on April 4th.
  • Go to Industry Day at Hollyweb Fest on April 5th. (~Would have entered our series in the fest, but we didn’t know about it yet!)
  • Spend more time reading articles on Stareable and keeping up with the message boards here.
  • Continue to post fresh, delicious content on Instagram and Facebook. And Twitter, though I haven’t really figured out how to make it work.
  • Attend screening of our pilot at Hollywood Comedy Shorts Fest on April 22nd.

(Jonathan Kaplan) #12

April Creative Goals are:

Get well into the next draft of Killing it! season 2

Reschedule or cancel Boston screening

Make some strategies for paying for Season 2

Do more stand up

(Ray Robinson) #13

April goals:

Nail down locations for shooting - primarily the front of people’s homes and a strip club.

Set in stone schedules for everyone.

Powwow with my lead actor and tech person to plan the shots, sounds, music and commercials.

(Wicked Enigma) #14

My APRIL GOALS:

Making sure my team continues to work hard at keeping to our release schedule.

Find at least 2 more interesting ways to attract attention to our 3 week release and campaign event.

Stay consistent at delivering social media content.

Attend networking events to help get the word out about Wicked Enigma.

Figure out a contest to give away our custom pins.

(Melissa Malone) #15

Holy crap, it’s April! Okay… here go the goals…

• Get the upcoming season promo scene/crowdfunding video completed and ready to air by first week of May.
  • Complete copy for crowdfunding campaign.
  • Submit crowdfunding campaign to Seed & Spark for review.
  • Continue sending proposals out to potential sponsors.
  • Finalize last few casting roles for new season.
  • Secure locations for production in summer.
  • Try NOT to be a complete introvert at Vancouver Web Fest… :wink:
  • Try NOT to eat ALL the Kinder Eggs that exsist while AT Vancouver Web Fest… lol (This is the biggest challenge on my list)

(William E. Spear) #16

Acclimating myself to the camera for an upcoming shoot. There are several parks and ponds where I can experiment.

(Bri Castellini) #17

When you update us later in the month, share some of your clips/shots! We’d love to see them! (maybe even for one of these? How would you improve these shots from To The Max webseries?)

(William E. Spear) #18

Will do. Thanks for the encouragement.

(Bri Castellini) #19

IT’S THE END OF THE MONTH! DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR GOALS ARE?

Here are mine:

• Lock color and picture for my latest short horror film “Buy In” :x: lol nope
  • Start finalizing the sound mix for Buy In :x: lol nope x2
  • Pick production dates for my next short :x: lol nope x3 (though I did pick dates for Sam and Pat season 2)
  • Close-caption the rest of Brains season 2 :white_check_mark:
  • Get 25 unique posts on this thread :x: :frowning:

@hermdelica @NerdsOfTheVerse @kmd @RDRICCI @mintypineapple @Pia_0.0 @samlockie @movieguyjon @Meg @Marina_Tait @jonathankyall @Deliver_Me_show @WickedEnigmatv @OSTSG @w-e-spear

(Bri Castellini) #20

Did you complete your goals?? Congrats! Share the following image and tag us on Twitter @stareable so we can celebrate with you!