Alcoholic? Drink? Aww yeah it's a Stareable London meet up!

(Ross McClure) #1

Hey guys!

I’m thinking of hosting the first Stareable community event in London next month and just wanted to see how many people would be interested in getting involved?

The plan would involve such classics as; going to a pub, drinking alcohol, awkward hand shakes and high fives, telling people who you are and what you do, exchanging hilarious and heartwarming tales of creativity, making new filmmaking friends, stumbling out of said pub at closing, missing the last tube home, etc.

If any of this sounds like your kind of thing, then holler at me yo!

Ross xx

Who's going to ITV Fest?
(Bri Castellini) #2

@Peter_Hignett? @Out_of_It?

And our Wales pals, if they have the chance or know anyone in the London area:
@NerdsOfTheVerse
@CuppaRJ

Also psst @redshirtjamie if you know anyone!

(Kallum Weyman) #3

Ummm Not that I can think of sorry,I would love to go but I wouldn’t be able to get to London easily at all.

(Bri Castellini) #4

Geography in the UK is a mystery to me. (but hey- if you ever wanted to try to host a Welsh meetup like this, you know my email! Let’s chat!)

(Kallum Weyman) #5

Maybe… Maybe like again Wales is not so easy for example I am in the North and out capital is down South its quite funny when you say wales people ask about Cardiff and its like its the other end of our country.

(Herman Wang) #6

What about the people from The Uncanny Upshurs? Are they from London?

(Bri Castellini) #7

Half of them are! I don’t think that half is on the forum yet though. I’ll ask @threeminutesfast for an intro :slight_smile: Thanks, Herman!

(Out of It) #8

We’re based in London and would definitely be interested in a meet up/drinking/exchange of horror stories etc. Keep in touch with details!

(Ross McClure) #9

Awesome - feel free to get other involved!

(Ian David Diaz) #10

I’m interested please keep me in the loop. Thank you.

(Bri Castellini) #11

https://www.facebook.com/events/143508549610654/

The event is official! November 15th! Invite your friends and RSVP at the link! @Out_of_It

(Ian David Diaz) #12

To quote Charlton Heston - “damn you, damn you all to hell!” :slight_smile: I’m shooting in Toronto that week, I read there’s one in New York, when is that again? Cheers Bri.

(Bri Castellini) #13

New York will be the 29th! Co-sponsored by Seed & Spark and KitSplit!

(Ian David Diaz) #14

Thanks, Bri, just spreading the word to some of my friends about the London one.

(Bri Castellini) #15

Thanks so much! And if it’s a success, we’ll definitely have another :slight_smile: Very excited to extend our reach across the pond!

(Ian David Diaz) #16

Are you not going to be there?

(Bri Castellini) #17

I’ll be at any/all of our NYC ones, but Stareable IRL (which the London event is, as well as our New Jersey, Seattle, LA, and others) is a series of community-hosted events since Stareable is small and can’t be in that many places but we still want to support and build our real life community!

(Ian David Diaz) #18

I’m going to try and make the New York one

(Bri Castellini) #19

Nice! Hope to see you there!