Are you new? Post here!

Hi Stareable Community!

My name is Georginna and my creative partner (and wife) is Natalia. We are web series creators in Los Angeles, new to Stareable.
We’re just launching our first season of our web series, Americans Abroad, and we’re excited to be part of the Stareable community!

I am an actor, writer, producer, director and Natalia is a V.O. actor, writer, composer and director. I am best at executing creative vision and could use a little help in organization and planning :smile:

We’d like to reach out to other web series creators to collaborate on spreading awareness on each others series. If you’re interested, let us know!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
Georgina & Natalia

3 Likes

We’re always looking to collaborate on projects. Let’s see if there’s any ways we can help each other!

2 Likes
  1. Name: Rick Garner
  2. Location: Baltimore, Maryland
  3. Web series made: Unexplained Cases
  4. Preferred film roles: Executive Producer, Video Editor, Writer
  5. The film thing you’re best at: Finding amazing stories
  6. The film thing you’re worst at: Currently, finding the time to tell those amazing stories (since I have a full-time job and family)

Greetings, all! It’s been a year since we started our little YouTube venture but not a year until next February from when our first episode dropped. It’s been a wonderful ride but we’re only just getting started and looking for any feedback, collaborations, or other ideas to help us grow!

3 Likes
  1. Name: Daisy Atino
  2. Location: Kampala, Uganda
  3. Web series made (if any): Working on one, audition stage
  4. Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): Writer, Director,Producer
  5. The film thing you’re best at: Yet to find out
  6. The film thing you’re worst at: Yet to find out
2 Likes

Hi folks!

James Oliver here, Writer & Director - Manchester, UK. I love collaborative writing/work-shopping in rehearsals and shoot days! Struggling to get to grips with marketing/ self promotion.

Just completed our first series on FULL OF MIND A psychedelic and comedic odyssey of the mind: https://stareable.com/series/view/full-of-mind

Pilot ep: https://vimeo.com/220665994

It’s been lovely to find this forum and inspiring to discover a load of web series one place. Look forward to connecting with you guys!

Cheers!

James
vimeo.com/jamesoliverfilm

1 Like

Sounds like the perfect reason to make a web series! But also unique approach for sure! I look forward to checking it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello from Singapore, everyone!

I’m Ian, from and based on the island that set the context for Crazy Rich Asians. Not-so-fun fact: I’m only 2 of the three things in that film. And regrettably, it isn’t Rich.

I’ve only ever made one web series: Dot and the Green Pea

As a control freak, I’m usually the Director and Screenwriter for my work. But I do enjoy the collaborative process of working with fellow creatives. And I don’t bite, promise.

I’d say the best film thing I can do is to create complex characters grounded in reality. They’ve a range of emotional and psychological desires, which often lead to conflict and that’s how my stories come about.

The worst film failing of mine is in admin. I’m terrible at keeping up with different tracks of nitty gritty and experienced the full brunt of it when I tried to do a film without an Assistant Director. I’ve learnt never to torture myself like that ever again.

2 Likes

Hello, StareAble Community…we are TRU Entertainment {true} please read up

1 Like

Hi guys,

A friend of mine in SF asked me to check on Stareable. Very impressive to say the least.

I’m Azuan Muda, a producer for films and commercials based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I do something similar with everybody here.

And I founded my own online TV, called Teeb TV - teebtv.com (not sure whether I can put the link here) - like the ‘Netflix’ for independent content creators. IT’S FREE for now.

We work with indie filmmakers around Southeast Asia and to-date, we have about 6.3 million views. We have created webseries section and plan to create our own original content too.

Perhaps we could work together soon.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been enjoying Stareable’s content for a while now and decided to make an account today. Yay! My name is Rachael Sizgorich and I am a content creator currently producing a web series called Rent-A-Friend. It’s an absurdist take on friendship in the age of convenience. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and seeing your work!

3 Likes

Hi Guys,

I wasn’t sure where to post this, and didn’t want to clutter up forum with a new thread for 1 post, so I hope it’s ok to post it here.

I started a new artstation profile that shows some of the things I do with computer grahpics - if anyone could use my help on their projects, feel free to contact me - if you have a profile there follow me and I’ll follow back

Cheers,

~Ricky

2 Likes

Hello! Not 100% sure I’m doing this right but fingers crossed!

1. Name: Rupert
  2. Location: London, England
  3. Web series made: Lukulele
  4. Preferred film roles: Writer, director
  5. Film thing you’re best at: Writing
  6. The film thing you’re worst at: Producing, organising, marketing

I’m looking forward to getting stuck into these forums as the little look I’ve had so far has been immensely useful! Please check out the series (Lukulele) I made with my two colleagues (we go by ‘The Animus Workshop’) and let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Rupert

3 Likes
  1. Name: Bill
  2. Location: Buffalo, NY
  3. Web series made: Cloyd
  4. Preferred film roles: Writer, director
  5. Film thing you’re best at: Writing
  6. The film thing you’re worst at: Anything involving cords
2 Likes

Hello Everyone
Ashley,NYC,The Art of Blowing It
All Hail Beth/ Actor Skeleton Crew & Demon Doctor/ Actor & Producer
I am great at talking to people in person
I am terrible at marketing online.

Here’s my question. How do I get Blogs and Podcasts to have me on? Any help would be magical!
-Ashley

2 Likes

This will help! How To Write (and Use) a Press Release

2 Likes

That’s impressive. Great to see. I took a quick look and I think American audiences would enjoy the content too.

This article is soooo helpful and I’m currently using it as a guide as I prepare to send out my press release for my series Rent-A-Friend. Thanks, Bri!

2 Likes

Hey there! My name is Harmony “Hbomb” Austin, and I’m a Theatre Performance and Production major with an emphasis in Dramatic Writing at Texas State. I’m currently working on my first web series called World’s Worst Cover Band where I’m writing, directing, and producing the series! We have a Facebook and Instagram page so far. I’m working on the trailer right now and hope to put it online soon!!
I’m very new at film, but so far I’m good at promoting the work, and I’m not so good at working the equipment (luckily I have a team who knows and can help me out!)

2 Likes

Hello, Stareable community! Is there are any fans of Stalker, Chernobyl, Metro 2033 or Stranger Things, who always wondering how does post-apocalyptic Russia look like?
Here comes me with zero budget, a lot of work and passion, so if it`s not something good, it at least going to be funny :smiley:

1. Name - Christina Kirillova
  2. Location - Russia, Irkutsk
  3. Web series made (if any) - Grohauga . We shoot around 20 episodes and slowly uploading
  4. Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc…) - Writing and acting
  5. The film thing you’re best at - As many folks here - definitely writing (and translating, haha, hopefully, I shouldn`t be sorry for my English too often)
  6. The film thing you’re worst at - As many folks here - marketing. That is why I`m writing this message :smiley:

Grohauga is something in between web series and vlog, and we have a lot of plans and stories in one lore to shoot on post-soviet buildings. Even if you, who are reading it is not my audience, I could be thankful for any advice where should I post or shout or tell or search for the audience. If you help and Grohauga gets viral, I`ll send everyone who helped our inner lore goodies like canned meat from this episode

Thanks for stopping by and reading!

2 Likes

Hi!

I’ve been reading your site but never joined to the community.

1. Anthony
  2. Austin, TX
  3. trying to finish one
  4. Writer/Director
  5. writing and ideas
  6. so new I cant say yet.

Anthony

2 Likes