Are you new? Post here!

(Alex G Smith) #75

Hi Guys!
Name: Alex (Alexandra) G-Smith
Web series made (if any): "The Shoaks"
Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): Prefer Acting, Writing, then Producing in that order haha
The film thing you’re best at: Acting & Writing, and extremely organized
The film thing you’re worst at: Patience

(Bri Castellini) #76

Welcome!

(Alex G Smith) #77

Thank You!

So heres a question: I submitted my show through this site, but I can’t figure out how to connect my web series with my Profile. Still learning but would love to figure that out. Thanks!

(Bri Castellini) #78

Right now you actually can’t link them, but we’re working on it! They’re technically separate websites at this point.

(Katie Orwig) #79

Hello!
Name: Katie
Location: currently in Indy but originally from West Virginia
Web series made (if any): none, that’s actually what brought me here.
Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): my background in entertainment is mostly in live theatre and I prefer the Jack-of-all-trades method. I have done a bit of everything and specialize in several.
The film thing you’re best at: appreciating things for what they are and not projecting my biases onto them, knowing the difference b/w critique and criticism.
The film thing you’re worst at: experience in this specific element of entertainment, so: certain lingo, processes, resources, etc. Another reason I wanted to give this community a try.

(tony david) #80

Okay, so my name’s Tony David, (I have two first names, absolutely ridiculous I know) and I’m based in London.

I have created a six episode web series called “The Single” and I’m now in that weird place of NOT knowing what to do next really; it’s like I’m in a state of paralysis!!

I’m cameraman by profession for almost a million years so I do that easily but I love the writing process and directing too.

I have no intention of getting in front of the camera!

I guess the next step is promote, promote, promote but I need guidance here.

Do I set up a new facebook account completely or a page on my regular Facebook account? Do I create a blog. Will Tumblr actually do anything or instagram for that matter?

10 Things You Can Do For 10 Minutes To Promote Your Web Series
(Sarah Golden) #81

Hello, my name is Sarah. I’m a storyteller who loves stories from any medium: webseries, video games, movies, tv shows and of course books. I’ve written spec scripts for script contests, but I could definitely improve my skills in screenwriting. I have a few ideas for a web series, but I haven’t started one yet. I would love to be a screenwriter, and I even want to try acting.
I’ve been complimented on the way I write dialogue, but I could use help with organization and character development.
I’m so excited to be here, and I can’t wait to learn and connect with fellow creatives.
Thank you for this opportunity :slight_smile:

(Carolyn) #82

Hi everyone!

My name is Carolyn Busa and I am a stand-up comedian/writer based in Brooklyn, NY. I am the creator of a very low-budget, very ‘figuring it out as I go’ web series called Sexually Speaking which focuses on my sexuality as I turned 30.

For someone with no training or proper programs (I use iMovie to edit) I think my work is pretty damn good. However I do struggle with marketing and promoting my series and feel without a real foot in the film industry, my passion project stays stagnant. But ima keep doing it anyways, right!

Feel free to say hi or follow me here on Twitter.

:slight_smile:

(Bri Castellini) #83

Check out #Film-School:i-hate-marketing for marketing tips and tricks and also welcome!

(Krista Gallagher) #84

Hello everyone! I am new to Stareable and have never posted on any forum EVER!

My name is Krista and I’m a wife, mom, and full-time drug rep with an intense passion for comedy writing

I live outside of Washington DC in Arlington, VA.

Webseries made: PUSHERS, as in drug pushers, which is about two women (a black rep and a white rep) who sell a drug for post-childbirth vaginal dryness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ix7317BCwo
www.pushers-show.com

Preferred roles: Writer, Director, Actor
I’m best at: writing dialogue and absurd scenarios
I’m worst at: putting myself OUT THERE! I hired a life coach and am now boldly getting out of my comfort zone. I have written close to 25 episodes and will begin crowdfunding next month! We’ve applied to some film festivals and have gotten into one so far! (New York No Limits)

It’s nice to “meet” all of you!!

(Andrew Bearden) #85

Hey, guys! My name is Andrew. I’ve been a filmmaker for a few years and finally have my web series up and running and I couldn’t be happier. Here are a few things about me.

1.Name: Andrew Bearden
2.Location: Georgia
3.Web series made (if any): “BIZARRE”
4.Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): director, writer, editor
5.The film thing you’re best at: story
6.The film thing you’re worst at: color correcting

Be sure to check out my webseries, “BIZARRE!”

https://www.stareable.com/series/view/bizarre

(Ty Hunt) #86

Hey everyone! My name is Ty! I’m a Director || Cinematographer based in ATL. Just found this stareable forum and I am already hooked! I have several web series that I’m developing, so I’m looking forward to connecting with more awesome people here!

(Ty Hunt) #87

Hey man! I saw you’re in GA. Which part?

(Ty Hunt) #88

Hey, Patrick! I see you’re in ATL. How are you liking it? I just got up here (from Orlando), though I’ve done a bunch of work (in TV and commercial) up here before ultimately taking the plunge!

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #89

I’ve been a community member for awhile now but I don’t think I’ve ever posted in this thread.

1. Gabriel Crutchfield
  2. Knoxville, TN
  3. Who Is Jon Porter? and From the Archives of Department 24
  4. Writer/Director/Editor
  5. Editing
  6. Anything involving actual planning! Especially shot lists!

(Janjay Knowlden) #90

Hey everyone! My name is Janjay Knowlden and I’m pretty new to the Stareable forums. I’m based in Champaign-Urbana, IL.

Web series made (if any): Currently in prepro on my first webseries with my production company Protagonist Pizza Productions, LLC. It’s called Delivered and revolves around a college-aged delivery driver and his anxieties about his purpose in the world. I’m directing and producing.

Preferred film roles: Director, Producer, any role with similar job duties

The film thing you’re best at: Acting – been doing it for eight years (classically trained for four!); project management; story/development analysis/feedback; organization; research; being the good cop

The film thing you’re worst at: being the bad cop, schmoozing, technological film knowhow

Let’s chat and collab! Thanks for having me.

(Michele Austin Rodriguez) #91

Hi!

I’m Michele Austin Rodriguez, a Texas native currently based in Brooklyn.

In addition to a documentary I’ve been working on since I was 13 that I’m beginning to re-work, I’m part of Undead Burrito Productions (moderator @Bri_Castellini 's core team). I’ve worked on three of their projects: Brains (executive producer- season 2; director- season 2, episode 3), Ace and Anxious (2nd AD), and Sam and Pat are Depressed (AD- season 1; Associate Producer- season 2).

I love to direct, but I’ve also enjoyed being a producer and AD (I have a background in theatre as a stage manager, and being an AD is closest to being a stage manager on a film set)

I’m pretty good at delegating/leading a team and keeping things on track.

I’m less good at self-promotion. it’s getting easier as I develop a body of work I’m super proud of, but it still makes me feel icky sometimes.

(Malcolm Carter) #92
  1. Malcolm Carter
  2. Houston, TX
  3. Filthy
  4. Writer, director, editor and actor
  5. Storytelling and editing
  6. Producing (it’s too much for one person when you have limited individuals)

(Oodie Anthony Mohar) #93

Yupyup! Oodie from ATL Georgia and currently makign a coll thing called False Perfections :wink:

(Collene Webb) #94

Hello!
I’ve just joined the community. I’m excited to get involved. :blush:

Name: Collene Webb (of Redhead Reach)
Web series made (if any): The A to Z of Clueless Experts - season 1 starts on YouTube Thursday 16th August.
Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): actress, writer and composer
The film thing you’re best at: acting or writing
The film thing you’re worst at: anything really technical (such as changing awkward batteries in microphones!)

I’ve previously created/produced/performed 3 theatre shows. The web series is a new venture and challenge. It’s a one-woman satirical drama which I’m creating and filming entirely on my own! Partly vlog-style and partly mockumentary interview.

I look forward to meeting other creators on here and discovering similar web series. :+1: