Are you new? Post here!

(Alicia Carroll) #121

Hey y’all,
My name is Alicia, I am a writer-producer from the east coast but am currently based in LA. I come from theater and television production and used to work at NYTVF which is an AMAZING festival for you all to submit your series to :slight_smile:
I have produced a bunch of live events and theater and worked on films but my digital series, Fishing, will be my first episodic project that I’m helming on my own. I helped a bit with Twenty The Webseries, which is how I was introduced to Stareable along with an event @Bri_Castellini hosted. Excited to be here!

(Dane Bishop) #122

Hello everyone! I have lurked the forum for a while, thought I’d contribute for a change :slight_smile:

I do female-centric, adult themed animated webserials. I write and animate, though I could always use good female voices. Based in Dallas.

Here is a link. Looking forward to reading more about everyone’s work!

(Bri Castellini) #123

Welcome! Can’t wait for you to dive in!

(Stevie Jackson) #124

Hi everyone!

My name is Stevie, and I’m new to the forum but I’ve participated in some of the web series chats on Twitter (when my day job allowed). I’m based in Vancouver, BC, Canada and just created my first web series, called Honestly Charlotte (our pilot went up on Stareable a few days ago).

I’ve always considered myself primarily an actor, but it turns out I really love creative control so writing and producing my own work has been a fantastic experience - not at all easy, but very rewarding. I’d produced theatre before, but this was my first go at it in the film/tv world. I’m hoping to do more of all of it and looking forward to getting to know some like-minded folks.

Oh, and the thing I’m worst at? Publicity, for sure! :slight_smile:

(Yard Lion Films) #125

A bit more details:
I’ve wrote and directed a short film, and decided to develop remotely produced web series. Given the time and space on many projects, remotely produced concepts are a way to go. At least for me that is. I love to share and talk with you guys about producing and let me know in the comments. Thanks!

(Steve O'Reilly) #126

Hey Stareable Filmmaking community,

My name is Steve O’Reilly. I’ve been lucky enough to create and work with some awesome people in New York. My most recent independent web series is called Team Mars (www.teammarstv.com). It’s a silly comedy about a bunch of wannabe astronauts training to go to Mars, by way of a Mars-simulation in Antarctica. Think what if “The Office” and “The Martian” had to live together for 6-10 seasons in the coldest place on Earth.

It was a fun experience to pull a lot of NY comics and UCBers together for a great four day shoot. We actually built a set at Windmill Studios, in Greenpoint, which (besides paying for it) was a dream come true. I’m happy to chat with anyone about what that experience was like.

I’m also happy to talk to anyone about the process of finding and recruiting a cast, which seems to be something I’ve gotten better at doing.

Finally, I am currently on the look out for great comedic writers, particularly POC and female writers, so if you are one or know of someone who is fun and easy to work with, please don’t be shy.

Thanks for inclusion here and I hope you will check out the show.

Steve

(Kacy Boccumini) #127

My name is Kacy Boccumini, and I’m the Producer of a new web series called Take One Thing Off. It releases today and now I am making the rounds to network in the community. I was previously on The Real L Word on Showtime, and this is my first venue into filmmaking so I am super pumped to be part of the creative community.
Take One Thing Off: A Digital Series of Existential Proportions

1. Name: Kacy Boccumini
  2. Location: Los Angeles
  3. Web series made (if any): Take One Thing Off
  4. Preferred film roles (writer, producer, director, actor, etc): Producer, Writer, AD
  5. The film thing you’re best at: Scriptie, Assistant AD
  6. The film thing you’re worst at: Editing

(Bri Castellini) #128

Congrats! Did you submit your series to Stareable? Stareable.com/submit :wink:

(Ian David Diaz) #129

Hi, my name is Ian David Diaz I’ve been here for a few months now, just completed my web series, Rebecca Gold, I’m the producer/writer/director/editor of the show, first 2 Eps are out, nice to meet you all.

Info below:

If you decide to watch let me know what you think. Cheers :slight_smile:

YouTube channel: YouTube

What is it all about? A gay, lonely, geeky, highly skilled assassin goes rogue when she encounters her high school crush.

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Rebeccagoldtheseries

Ep 1

Ep 2

(Frank Tarczynski) #130

Hey Folks! New to the community. I’m wrapping up production of my very first web series, DADLY, an intimate conversation about marriage and being a stay-at-home dad. We’ve got one more week of shooting and then onto post, but I’d thought I’d get out and introduce myself. As soon as the edits start I’ll post clips on the forum. Cheers!

For now, below are my responses to the brief questionnaire:

1. Frank Tarczynski
  2. Los Angeles, CA
  3. DADLY (in production)
  4. Primarily a writer but will act for food.
  5. The film thing you’re best at: Making up things for other people to say and do (writing).
  6. The film thing you’re worst at: Right now I’d say it’s the business/strategy side of the house, but I think I have some untapped potential that may surface as I push myself with my first project.

(Zander Kirby) #131

Hey everyone, my name is Zander Kirby. I’m based in Jersey City but do most of my work around NYC. I recently released my first web series called Ben & Lucy. You may have heard of it if you listened to the first episode of the amazing podcast that stareable does called “Forget the Box.” It was the idea that Bernie Su spat out in like 4 seconds and then immediately admitted that he just combined the two biggest cliches in web series. (side note, I had just finished post production on the series when I listened to that episode. The Sound of Silence immediately started playing in my head as my ears began to ring.) I prefer doing the making, not the hand shaking, so writing, directing, acting, and even editing I’m totally game for. The thing I’m worst at is the ‘selling’ so advertising, social media, all that jazz. Still trying to find my footing in that whole game.

Really looking forward to checking out all these awesome threads! Happy filmmaking everyone!

(Susanne Morris) #132

Hi! My name is Susanne, I am an Intern at Stareable and I live in Brooklyn, NY.

I am working on a web-series currently (The Rotten Apple) and we are filming our pilot next week!

I am studying TV Screenwriting and Producing at LIU, and would love to be a Producer/Writer.

The film thing I am best at is editing and shot directing. The film thing I am worst at is writing funny dialogue…good thing I have funny roommates for that!

(Ian David Diaz) #133

Am I the only one here from the UK?

(Ian David Diaz) #134

I guess I am :frowning:

(Collene Webb) #135

No, there’s me of course! :wink: :laughing:

(Ian David Diaz) #136

Cool!

(Frank Orlando) #137

Name : Frank Orlando
Web series : Rick & Greg Show
Preferred film roles : Producer , Art Direction
A 30 year veteran of design and advertising. When he’s not being a total ass, he can be found teaching future generations of designers to avoid the business. Most recently, Frank has extended his talents to documentaries to the released film Love Notes to Newton and web-series Rick & Greg Show.

(Joseph A. Eulo) #138

Hello. I’m Joseph Eulo, I’m new here. Happy to among a community of content creators passionate about episodic storytelling. I am an Independent media producer and freelance filmmaker from Brooklyn, New York. I am also the founder and Executive director of the NYC | Indie Film Collective a member run, organization made up of actors, artists, and filmmakers committed to connecting, creating, and collaborating on independent projects.

I am currently in development on an original American crime drama series about human trafficking in New York City called The End Game.

Logline.
A Survivor of the sex trade, Kerri Martine, now a victim’s advocate for a federal task-force, seeks to take down a violent trafficking ring in New York City to find her sister.

(Joseph A. Eulo) #139

Hello Susanne. I’m Joseph. How did your pilot turn out. Wasn’t it exciting to be on set? I am working on a series about human trafficking in New York City. In the development phase. I own a production company, and own gear from camera to grip, and pro sound gear. I am a collaborator at heart. What can I do to help you?

(Jon Chuby) #140

I’m new! Not like fresh out of the womb new… But new.
My name is Jon and I’m in northern BC Canada (yes it’s snowing right now)
I’m the co-creator of the show “Geoff and the Ninja” and play the lead role.

I prefer directing, production, acting, and writing. And I despise VFX editing. Despite how much of it we have in our show. Prefer to be out and about rather then on the computer.

Want to see some of my work check out the tv show. Or search for my production company Picaroon Pictures.

Nice to meet you all!