Asking for a Friend - Moving to Nashville, TN

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #1

Hi everyone! I know there are people from all over on Stareable. I have an actress friend to who is moving to Nashville, TN and I wanted to help her find the independent filmmakers’ community out there.

Does anyone have any suggestions or resources they know of?

Thanks!

(Bri Castellini) #2

@whoisjonporter is from Knoxville, TN! Maybe he knows something!

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #3

My last short film featured an actress from Nashville. I can pass along some contact info maybe. She’d be able to help out a bit more probably. Also, Nashville is 2 hours away from Knoxville, so if she’s open to the idea of traveling a couple hours, I can also connect her here as well.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #4

Thanks! I will try to get her to sign onto Stareable!

(Bri Castellini) #5

Heeeeeelll yeaaaa

(Megmcgullam) #6

Hey there, I’m the friend of @ghettonerdgirl who is moving to Nashville. A few projects I did over the past two years were a 2.5 hour drive so driving 2 hours to film would definitely be doable. Any advice, contact information or maybe anywhere you know that has job postings I could look into would be great. I’d really appreciate it.

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #7

Here are some Facebook groups that might help. These are just the ones I’m a part of, I’m sure there are more and some that are Nashville specific. I just messaged my contact in Nashville to make sure it’s okay if I share her contact info with you. I’ll let you know when I hear back. In the meantime, these groups might be of some help. And welcome to the Volunteer State!

Talent Working Together…Tennessee and Beyond

TN Actors Networking

Knoxville Filmmaker Guild

Knoxville Filmmakers

Knoxville Tn and surround areas Casting Calls

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #8

She said she would prefer to be introduced on Facebook. Add me on there and I’ll connect the two of you.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #9

Welcome to Stareable Megan!

(Bri Castellini) #10

Welcome!