"Ave 43" Creator Justin Tanner - AMA

(Chris Hadley) #81

Welcome Danny! waves

(Chris Hadley) #82

@Danny_Schmitz Favorite role you’ve played on Ave 43?

(Bri Castellini) #83

Kinky. Have you worked on an indie project like this before, or is it your first time? What differences do you see between your usual work and Ave 43?

(Justin Tanner) #84

Part of the conceit of the show is that it is done very quickly. Ihave the idea, I write it film and post it the next week. SOmetimes the DIY nature only adds to the fun and sometimes it looks crappy - so yes - it effects the quality but it’s also part of the rough hewn nature of the show

(Justin Tanner) #85

I am clueless on this subject.

(Meg Carroway) #86

Do you ever feel uncomfortable promoting/sharing the rougher episodes? Even if the writing and acting is amazing? Or is that not even a consideration?

(Chris Hadley) #87

@samlockie Hey to you too, Sam! waves

(Meg Carroway) #88

Has that ever come up, since your show is unpaid yet definitely employs union actors?

(Justin Tanner) #89

I don’t feel uncomfortable but I know some of the actors do. And I’m fine with that. I try to calm down my more egregious sexual scenes but…

(Danny Schmitz) #90

I’ve always been Shane who as the throughline of being high in the sociopathic scale.

(Meg Carroway) #91

Haha! I meant rougher in terms of production quality, but that is also good to know.

(Justin Tanner) #92

No. It’s not making any money so I don’t think it’s an issue.

(Kate Hackett) #93

It’s just paperwork. If your actors are union, you need to go SAG. If they aren’t, it doesn’t matter.

(Carlos Iglesias) #94

Hi JT, first time listener long time fan here and my big question is: WHEN DO I GET TO STAR AS A NOTORIOUS SPANISH SATAN GOD DANG IT?!

(Justin Tanner) #95

I like lo-fi music and movies too

(Kate Hackett) #96

New Media allows you to waive fees.

(Justin Tanner) #97

Carlos I any time you want! Just bring booze!

(Bri Castellini) #98

What would you say your biggest challengers were in the beginning of the show, and what are the challenges now?

(Chris Hadley) #99

@Justin Any tips on the best ways to go about production organization/scheduling? Do you use any specific programs/tools for that?

(Justin Tanner) #100

I used to have a crush on Danny Schmitz.