CALL FOR ENTRIES: Seeking Comedians, Filmmakers for "We Have A Show" crowdsourced variety show

(Zack Morrison) #1

Job: [SEGMENT PRODUCERS]

Compensation: [Unpaid, but you keep creative ownership, we’ll blast your socials and help spread the love for your work.]

Other details:

Hi, I’m Zack, and occasionally on here I’ve posted “Zack’s Declassified Film Survival Guide.” I’m super behind on that and hope to resume shortly. BUT!!! I also am a producer on a webseries called We Have A Show, which is a crowdsourced sketch comedy show that brings together filmmakers, comedians, and musicians from across the internet to make a variety show once a month. Our next episode premieres labor day weekend (August 31st), and because we still have a few openings, I would love to extend an invitation to the Stareable community to come collaborate with us.

Our current theme is “My Crazy Summer,” and we are seeking sketches, videos, talk segments, or short iphone testimonials from guest artsits. Submitted material should only be about a minute/two minutes long. Think “Robot Chicken” meets “SNL.” Sketches can absolutely be pre-existing, and we link to each creator’s social handles and give Segment Producer credit for each segment. If you’re a filmmaker, and have a funny idea for a small sketch, great! If you’re a comedian or actor, and wish to film yourself selfie-style and tell a funny story, awesome! The goal here is to get a bunch of creators together all talking about a common conversation.

Take a look at some of our episodes to get an idea of where we’re coming from:
#ByeWinter
#NewYearNewWe
#HolidayMusic

For creators who aren’t interested in making/sharing a full sketch with us, we also have a social media question: “What is the craziest thing that happened to you this summer?” Feel free to @ us on Twitter or Instagram with your answer and it can also be on the show.

I’m looking forward to having as many creators as we can fit in this month’s episode. Submissions are due AUGUST 27th. Shoot me an email if you would like to get involved.

Cheers =)
Zack

3 Likes
(Bri Castellini) #2

@CommunityMVPs !

1 Like
(Steven Bucky Butler) #4

I emailed you a while back and haven’t heard back. Does that mean my sketch was rejected or just haven’t had the time to respond yet. Anyway thought I ask just so I know if I could move on to other projects.

(Zack Morrison) #5

Hi, I’ve been on a writing deadline so I’ve been behind on emails. I’ll take a look at it as soon as I can. Thank you for your submission!

1 Like