Cinematic Game Screenshots [Image Intensive]

(Jonathan Hardesty) #1

I wanted to share these images with you it’s because they are from the camera mode in the game I’m playing. If you’re unaware, camera mode pauses the game and lets you reorient the games’ camera and alter the frame so you can compose interesting shots. You can change time of day and add filters. It’s quite fun and for us creators can be an interesting way to learn how to frame our subjects.

Anyway, check these out. They’re from No Man’s Sky, from Hello Games.

(Bri Castellini) #2

What game is this from? Also, I love this idea- I kinda end up doing this during games where you can mess with the camera while an NPC conversation is taking a while, trying to frame them or my character in new ways to fend off plot boredom because I’m a monster. But I like the idea of using it to also practice framing, something I’m the worst at right now.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #3

I forgot to add it into the OP (but I edited it in just after you replied). It’s No Man’s Sky, the sci/fi fantasy exploration survival sim out on PS4, PC, and XBOX. I’m about 50 hours in and almost every aspect of the game makes me want to break out camera mode and take cool shots. I have a bunch on the console but it’s hard to transfer from there to my computer.

(Bri Castellini) #4

Oh yeah that game- I remember it getting a ton of flack for a while but it seems whatever updates they made in the past few months are super well-received.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #5

Yeah, it was a unique scenario where they over-promised as a small development team and were not able to deliver on most of what they promised. Over the years they’ve put all those things into the game and now most of that is in there, and it’s been a blast. Even back then the game was still pretty great and the mood and theme (lonely in space with bright colors) compelling.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #6

If you’ll indulge, here’s a few more from NMS I managed to grab from my socials.

(Bri Castellini) #7

dat rule of thirds tho :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

(sam lockie-waring) #8

this game is so dope. i’m like you cuz i always liked it but the new stuff makes it even dope-r. cool tie in with web series!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #9

Any time a game has a photo or camera mode I find myself distracted with trying to compose interesting shots. I would do that with BioWare games during conversations whenever I had the chance. :stuck_out_tongue: