Combing Through Comedy: Sam and Pat are Depressed

(Joseph Steven Heath) #1

Welcome to Combing Through Comedy where Joe Heath of Minty Pineapple Entertainments is going to randomly watch comedy web series from Stareable and then tell you about them. Like… I dunno… are they funny?

Today’s show: Sam and Pat are Depressed

Sam and Pat are Depressed is about two friends (Sam and Pat) having hilarious discussions about their therapy. The topics range from the potential pitfalls of having a male therapist to stalking your therapist on Facebook to writing a novel about yourself as a primer for your therapist.

First off, the two leads have an amazing amount of chemistry and play off of each other beautifully. The dialogue is sharp and clever and they do a great job of selling it. The concepts are hilarious and supported by wonderful jokes. Every episode left me laughing and hungry for more. (And just hungry. You’ll get why when you watch it.)

While every episode can be viewed as a stand-alone episode, it does a good job of building in terms of character development as well as visual absurdity. The episodes tend to have things like Pat working on increasingly weird projects or Sam subtly breaking the laws of reality. Also, by the time we get to the finale, we know the characters so well, that it can push into a more sentimental tone that it has fully earned.

I just really love this show, you guys. Please watch it.

The bottom line: Is it funny? Sam and Pat are Funny (and Depressed).

(Bri Castellini) #2

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Joseph Steven Heath) #3

Oh, have you seen it? I think you’d like it. :wink: