Critique/ask questions about our new EMBEDDED EPISODES feature!

Finally, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…

You can embed your web series episodes directly to your Stareable show pages!!

The new feature is waiting for you in your “edit show” screen once you log in! Currently only available to series with YouTube, Vimeo, of Facebook links.

What do you think of this new feature? What’s awesome? What’s missing? What’s confusing? Let us know below!

4 Likes

@CommunityMVPs @JustinHarris @mdec24 @gmcalpin @cagesafe @RobbieRuviews @alwaysafilmgeek @barbaramcthomas @Sandwich_Fam @OddLantern @Aquariarts @ShayFuller1 @WickedEnigmatv @cagesafe @Maddy_Foley @RDRICCI @MrDee @ZackMorrison18 @JonSosis @ThrowBigWords @Mohau @Jacquiwifruit @Kathie_Kelly @tymofie @Peppered @Dave_Lepage @thegreatbenbino @raggedybun @ShayFuller1 @Marina_Tait @SnobbyRobot @EricaHargreave @amyqp @CreativeCollene @sweetdude64 @thecarterlegac @micheletabelle @Andrewdwilliams1989 @JanjayNotJudy @shadowhawk680 @Blanedrew @upsidebrown @bucky91 @yesjensen @MisfitsContent

4 Likes

omg I really need to finish my show so I can get on this!! Can you change the big episode? Or is it always episode 1? Might be cool to have a trailer there!

1 Like

So right now the workaround to that is making your trailer “episode 0” and not tagging it with a season number (or making it season 1), because the “big episode” is just whichever you’ve added as the chronological first one.

1 Like

Makes sense! guess it kind of is an episode 0 if you think about it!

1 Like

I like the feature and it really encourages me to spend time on the site watching the content, which means it’s easier to jump from show to show. Now, the real test will be to see if all the shows use this or can. I know a few webseries are on their own video players so that may be an issue for some.

Now that we’re able to put our episodes on stareable in a way, I wonder how easy or doable it would be to have a page that’s just “watch this random show” and it pulls the embed info from our show page. Sort of like a content roulette?

2 Likes

Do you mean like the “surprise me” button, but just for individual episodes? Just the first episodes, for instance?

I think so. For example, there’s code that points to the embed text box I put my video’s url into…I’m curious if that embed could be called to with a surprise me button, or failing that, having the surprise me type button take us to the show page and centered around the episodes? Forgive this half-assed brainstorming, but I’m curious the ways we can exploit having our videos on there for someone who might not be picky about what they watch.

1 Like

What does “centered around the episodes” mean?

1 Like

On the page. So like, on the web you can make links to specific areas of any given page (anchors, I think)?

2 Likes

Oooh. Ok. Yeah that would be cool! And maybe a playlist function? Right now you have to click each episode individually but it would be cool if I could set it to play and it would go through aaaaall videos at once.

1 Like

So far so great! What I’ve really been hoping for with the site!

2 Likes

uploading worked super well for us, thanks~
is there any way to change the season number in batches?

I’d like to see an internal “like” button that creates a list of episodes (linked to our profile) from different series embedded on the site for easy future reference.

2 Likes

Tried it out, no particular criticism. It will certainly make the site more worth visiting for our potential audience.

1 Like

It works well for me!

1 Like

I love it , I have my episodes in a playlist on my youtube channel. I signed into my dash board here clicked add shows it asked if i had playlist - I did and Boom! In the amount of time it took me to type this it was up and running. Love it. I t really adds so much value, when people discover you now they get a full picture and have a reason to hover on your page.

2 Likes

I put in my YouTube playlists which also includes promos and things like that, so it says I have 20 episodes of Monsters Anonymous instead of just 2 and I’m actually really okay with that.

1 Like

Sounds great. Cannot wait to be able to put a finished show up on Stareable.

1 Like

Not currently, but we’ve noted the need for in-line editing from many folks so far!

1 Like