Digital video series market getting smaller

(Meg Carroway) #1

@Alex_LeMay- thoughts??

(Bri Castellini) #2

Makes me think about Cracked’s recent layoffs of basically its entire video and editorial staff…

(Jaime Lancaster) #3

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

(Jonathan Hardesty) #4

It makes me sad that the three survivors they mention - Facebook, YouTube, & Go90, aren’t exactly the best for webseries. It also makes me think about what it would take resource-wise, to even keep webseries competitive.

(Meg Carroway) #5

:frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

(Rodrigo Diaz Ricci) #6

I have seen this same scene all my life: First, it was the airbrush, I specialized and even worked in this for 3 years in Italy, then it went out of style, I learned Photoshop, I worked illustrating almost a decade, and prices started to fall, to fall into the abyss. At that time I lived in Romania, I had my department and all that, after that, online work became scarce and I had to come to Chile to my parents’ house, after 10 years of adult life. I studied online animation, and I do not see much economic future unless I have a lot of followers on the networks. They say that the future is in video games, then I read that it is a bubble worse than this one that we just read.
Well, I will continue on, at this point What can I lose that I have not lost yet? :slight_smile: