Do not post to this category without reading this!

(Bri Castellini) #1

Every Friday we will host and moderate a community critique of a show, volunteered by its creator! You can not post in this category without reserving a slot. Some guidelines:

For critiquers:

1. Your critiques MUST be constructive.
  2. No hate, no personal attacks, no insults
  3. Try to offer practical suggestions or solutions for production quality critiques

For filmmakers:

1. Your first post should include:
    *A link (or embedded video) to your series
    *A short intro to the series
    *A short intro to you (what roles you held on the production)
    *Any specific questions or concerns you have up front that you’d like people to focus on
  2. Remember that the best way to engage with a critique is to listen, even if you don’t agree or if you have a defense.
  3. Do not take criticism personally, and do not get angry or upset with people giving constructive advice, even if you don’t agree with them.
  4. Ask questions! ESPECIALLY if there’s a critique you don’t understand or agree with. This is your chance to clarify and understand why your audience feels a certain way!
  5. You must critique at least one other show prior to yours being eligible

For everyone:

1. Consider both roles! You learn a lot getting and giving feedback, and it’ll help you do both jobs better.
  2. Interested in getting feedback? Email Bri@stareable.com with the name of your show and we’ll put you on the schedule! Please do not post before emailing

#WebSeriesChat roundup- May 10th, 2017
Community Critique: Brains
(Evie Marie Warner) #2

Hey, I can’t the e-mail to work. any idea what I’m doing wrong?

(Bri Castellini) #3

You can’t email me? Just in your regular email? Have you tried copy-pasting the email address listed?

(Evie Marie Warner) #4

Yes twice.

(Bri Castellini) #5

Is the problem on your end or is it that I haven’t responded? I haven’t recieved an email on my end as far as I can tell but I can check my spam filter…

(Evie Marie Warner) #6

I tried again. Just copying address and pasting. I just get this .

(Bri Castellini) #7

Shoot- apparently I left of the “A” in StareAble. Try now- sorry about that!

(Evie Marie Warner) #8

now worries. :smiley: Thanks!