Do you still celebrate Halloween?

(Blair Hunter) #1

Bit off topic, but I was reading @Bri_Castellini’s article from today and I realized I haven’t dressed up for Halloween in like… 3 years? So I’m curious how many of you all still celebrate, and why! (and if you’re dressing up this year add a picture! I love seeing other people’s costumes but I guess I’m just not that interested anymore!)

(Bri Castellini) #2

I’m kinda every other year now… plus it’s been on a weekday for a while which is less fun and I’m not huge on going out so there doesn’t seem to be a point? I agree though- I do like seeing other people’s costumes. @hiamandataylor comes to mind for this :slight_smile:

(Ian David Diaz) #3

I never have, here in the UK when I was growing up none of my friends used to celebrate it, it was all about fireworks on the 5th November, bomb fire night, but now it’s really big over here which I really can’t understand but hey, if people are having fun, god bless them.

(Herman Wang) #4

I kind of have enough show wardrobe lying around my house without adding to the pile with Halloween costumes :slight_smile:

(Jonathan Hardesty) #5

As a parent of two, Halloween is more of a “for them” than it is for me. Would love to spend time on a costume and have a bunch of ideas, but I have no drive to do any of it for myself and would rather devote the attention to my kids. This year I got close, but work kept me busy.

One day I’ll dress up again…

(Bri Castellini) #6

What will your kids be for Halloween this year?

(Jonathan Hardesty) #7

Rey and…uh…a supergirl onesie? (Kids are 5 yrs and 7 months respectively)

(Bri Castellini) #8

Adorable. I was Anakin Skywalker when I was 5… glad there are finally girl characters in that dang universe!!

(Bri Castellini) #9

So this is what I did. I dressed up as a character from my own dang show, but not my own character, so I have that going for me.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #10

I’ve celebrated for as long as I can remember. Halloween is my favorite holiday! :jack_o_lantern:

(Bri Castellini) #11

Is your costume sailor moon related? Or anime? I’m afraid I don’t recognize it but you look awesome!!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #12

YES! Koan is a villain from Sailor Moon. I had to ‘work-friendly’ her outfit, but here she is. I’m closer to her human version(1st image). I have another pic with her villain outfit (pink) from my Halloween party.
koan%20human koan

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #13

Thanks Bri! :smiley:

(Amanda Taylor) #14

I absolutely love dressing up, but I take what I call a “closet cosplay” approach, and wear things that are specific to characters, but still wearable in the world (for the most part). I did 18 costumes this year! Candy and costumes are the entire point of the holiday for me. You can see them all on my instagram @hiamandataylor!