Does this experimental episode work?

(Alex Barbag) #1

I made an episode of my webseries, Safe For Work, in the image of Curb Your Enthusiasm. It’s almost a spec for Curb that I shot myself as part of my webseries.

I’m not sure if it’s any good or something that I should even put out there since it’s basically a copy of another show.

(Meg Carroway) #2

So I’ve never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm but the first joke of this episode made me real uncomfortable and maybe I’m missing some context but it seemed really offensive to me.

(Ollie R) #3

u should just make it clear it’s kind of a spec- I think people will get it/understand better if you’re clear about what you’re doing with this

(Alex Barbag) #4

It’s in the same vein as jokes in Curb. My guess is if you found that offensive, you’d probably find the rest of Curb to be offensive (which I imagine a lot of people do).

(Alex Barbag) #5

I guess I made it for people who’ve seen every episode of my webseries and Curb which is the smallest percentage of the population. I was hoping the title of the episode “Curbed” and the theme music would tip people off but I agree with you that it’s still unclear.