Favorite Service for Email List

(Ray Robinson) #1

Hopefully, this weekend at the literary festival I’m setting up a booth I will get many signups for the mailing list I will start building. My incentive is an invitation for four to our premiere party. If the rain holds off (it’s outdoors), it should get a nice start of 100-200 interested people!

So my question - what program do you use to contact your mailing list? Do you like it? What is the cost (if any - free is probably always going to be my first choice!)?

(Anyone near Louisville, KY, come see me at Gonzofest, a celebration of Hunter S. Thompson’s legacy. Free admissison!)

(Jonathan Hardesty) #2

I use Mailchimp, which is free up to a certain amount of emails sent per month. Since my email volume is super low it’s been a good deal. With what you’re looking for Mailchimp would still be free. I think they start to charge past 12,000 emails sent? Others can correct me if I’m wrong.

(Bri Castellini) #3

Co-signing this. I use Mailchimp as well and even though some of the UI is kinda confusing, once you get the hang of it, it’s easy to use and looks nice in inboxes.

(Marina Tait) #4

Thanks for this question Ray, and the answers Jonathan and Bri. Now I can cross one more thing off my “find out about…” list. :smile:

(Carlo Delmar) #5

This article compares various email services: Comparison of the Best Email Marketing Platforms

(Melissa Malone) #6

Also raising my hand :raising_hand_woman:t2: for Mail Chimp.