FB Cracking Down on Asks To Like Or Share

(Jonathan Hardesty) #1

Just read this on Snopes and haven’t had time to follow up by finding a second source, but it looks like it’s going to be more difficult to ask for those likes and shares for our webseries.

(Bri Castellini) #2

That’s so frustrating, because people genuinely do need to be reminded to do that shit. It’s why every YouTuber, even big ones, have to say “remember to like, comment, and subscribe” at the end of their videos because there’s a direct influx of engagement when asked directly.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #3

Yes, incredibly frustrating. I’m definitely paying attention for when Flagon Season 2 goes full steam ahead. At this point, I’m pretty sure I’m devoting 0% of my time and resources to that platform. The stuff I put up there will basically point to my platform of choice and the page will just have random polls and shares and such.

(Bri Castellini) #4

Smart. Yeah honestly I barely use Facebook as a person let alone as a “company/brand”. It is impossible for me to see shit on there anymore because my feed is so garbage

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #5

:woman_facepalming:t4: And I was just about to do a giveaway post on FB. Guess I’ll be doing it elsewhere. :unamused: