Have questions about Stareable's new monetization feature?

(Bri Castellini) #1

Hey all- putting together an FAQ for Stareable Enrich, Stareable’s upcoming monetization feature! Do you have Qs that need As? Curious about things from a creator OR a supporter perspective? Ask them here!

@CommunityMVPs @Deliver_Me_show @Oldschool1 @Ian_David_Diaz @jchollins @sbusa @Graham-Taylor @Mary_McGloin @APYorick

(Ray Robinson) #2

Will be have the ability to “gift” access to the special features, as prizes for contests as an example of why?

(Bri Castellini) #3

I’m not sure what you mean- can you clarify/ give me an example?

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #4

Is this comparable to Patreon? Any differences?

(Ray Robinson) #5

Example - we have a drawing at our premiere party, with the winner getting free access to the “behind the scenes” material we put on Enrich. Would there be a way for them to give me their email address, and we turn on access to the material we normally make others pay to see?

(Bri Castellini) #6

Alright since beta starts tomorrow (!!!) I’m finally able to start answering some of these!

So right now we definitely don’t/won’t have this ability given that it’s the first iteration of this feature, but also, we likely won’t build it as the whole point of Enrich is to help creators monetize their hard work and allow fans to financially support their favorite shows. Building a feature that doesn’t facilitate you making money isn’t really in your best interest, or this feature’s! You’re of course always allowed to send your supplemental content out to whoever you like, just off-platform, but I would encourage you to try and keep exclusive content together so fans can find it all in one place and they know the value of it (as set by your tiers)

(Bri Castellini) #7

There are definitely comparisons to Patreon. What sets Enrich apart is that, like everything else we’ve built for Stareable, it’s at the same link. We aim to simplify the process of promoting your work by putting everything in one place—your Stareable page! Now, creators will be able to:

• embed episodes from YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo so fans can watch the show right on Stareable…
  • list cast and crew right on Stareable…
  • encourage cast and crew to make profiles so fans can get more info right on Stareable…
  • add updates about the show right on Stareable…
  • and monetize right on Stareable!

One link, full immersion for fans.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #8

Can other cast/crew members provide updates on a project they are a part of?

(Bri Castellini) #9

Unfortunately not as of yet, but if it’s a feature request you’d like to submit, make sure to mention it in the beta thread when it goes live!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #10

Will supporters be able to use paypal?

(Bri Castellini) #11

Our payment system is Stripe, same as Patreon and a few other online retailers use. Super simple sign up!