Input needed!

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #1

Hey, fellow Stareable Community Members! I need some input from all of you all! The local film festival (Knoxville Film Festival) does a competition open to Tennessee residents every year and we have to submit one of our previous works as part of the application process.

So what I need is assistance deciding which one of my previous films stands out the most? Which should I use as part of this application?

Anything from the Who Is Jon Porter?, From the Archives of Department 24, and the Porterverse playlists are fair game. Recommendations, please!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDgzVXQvRhBs-NqEbMtj13A

• Who Is Jon Porter - Episode 1 - A Changed Man
  • Who Is Jon Porter - Episodes 1-3 - (combined cut)
  • From the Archives of Department 24 - Episode 1 - The Omega Protocol
  • This Is Not a Game
  • And Behold a Pale Horse
  • Temporal Things
  • Found Wanting
  • Freckles

0 voters

(Bri Castellini) #2

Just one episode/video, or a full season?

(Bri Castellini) #3

Also, this is a lot of material- can you help us narrow down? Maybe add a poll for your personal top choices?

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #4

Yes, just one episode/video. Though I do have a cut of the first 3 episodes of Who Is Jon Porter that could be sent as one piece.

And sure, I can add a poll. I don’t have to have the submission in until the end of February so feel free to go outside of my suggestions as well!

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #5

Poll added!

(Blair Hunter) #6

Combined cut! It’s an impressive feat to do a whole web series so I’d lead with that! What do you win if you’re picked?

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #7

Well, the way this competition works is that it’s open to any Tennessee resident to apply. You do so by filling out the application form and sending in a sample of your previous work. The judges will then look at the films of everyone who submitted and select the top 10 for this competition. Once that’s done, there will be a kickoff event where the elements (which are actually quite broad for this competition) will be given and teams will have 90 days to make a 12-20 minute short film.

I can’t remember if there was an actual prize for this, but I do remember the winning film gets into the Nashville Film Festival, which is definitely a big deal.