Is TopBuzz legit?

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #1

I just got an email from TopBuzz asking me to sign up. They said I can login via my YouTube channel to generate more earnings and get more views. Is this legit? Is anyone else familiar with the platform? Thanks!

(Bri Castellini) #2

They’ve emailed me before too, on multiple email addresses (because I have a few associated with different projects).

I’m inclined to say they’re not legit, but I could be off base and paranoid.

@movieguyjon @hermdelica @Alex_LeMay @ronVceo?

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #3

I am also paranoid. I have trust issues. Ha.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #4

Should compare emails that they sent to you guys to see if they’re customized stock emails. I wouldn’t even give a site like this a second look. Don’t trust it and I can’t see anything when I go to the site without logging in or getting an app and I would never sign up for something like this without being able to see what its all about so…

(Bri Castellini) #5

It’s definitely a stock email, since they’re emailing about a particular episode of a web series, not the full series, and they reached out to us via the name of the YouTube channel (without researching a person’s name behind the channel, which is very easy to find both on the channel and via the links available on said channel)

(Alex Le May) #6

@ghettonerdgirl Looks a bit dicey to me. At best it’s a “Buy traffic” service which is like buying Instagram followers. Low return on investment. At worst its a couple a dudes running a scam. There are plenty of industry standard players in the YT market like VidIQ which are great tools but at the end of the day, building your channel is about consistently posting great content.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #7

Thanks for the input everyone! Clearly I was right in doubting this avenue.

(Meg Carroway) #8

Yeah this definitely looks like a scam…

(Zibrir) #9

Instagram followers are actually becoming better and better. They can function with a satisfying level of authenticity. And old “feature” of crazy liking now fixed to resemble human-like behavioural https://zen-promo.com/like_bot_instagram check it.

(Bri Castellini) #10

…Are you recommending fake Instagram followers?

(Zibrir) #11

You’re not getting. Not followers but likes.
It gives real followers same way you get real one by liking and following others. This service does it automatically and then automatically unsubscribing them if you give it corresponding instructions.
I put the wrong link here with likes. Though it might be working with boring content.