Jenni Powell (The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries) - Emmy Award Winning Producer AMA

(Bri Castellini) #41

Alright folks, that does it for today’s AMA! If she has a bit of time, perhaps Jenni can answer the rest of your awesome questions, but in any case, HUGE BIG THANKS to @JenniPowell for being here today!

(Meg Carroway) #42

Thank you so much, Jenni! And Stareable! This was such an awesome opportunity!!

(Jaime Lancaster) #43

Thank you @JenniPowell!!

(Jenni Powell) #44

I think a lot of new media creators don’t look at their social media as an opportunity to express themselves. Social media is not effective without being organic and honest with it. So all creators have to do is be themselves and that can be very empowering and rewarding!

(Jaime Lancaster) #45

When do you think someone on a small set should advocate for an executive producer credit over a regular “producer” one? (if you have time! I know you’re busy!)

(Jenni Powell) #46

Thanks everyone, this has been really awesome and I hope I got to everyone! I typed as fast as my fingers would let me!

As for what’s next for me, I have one project I can’t talk about yet but I think it will be very very big. I’m also mentoring on a Canadian project that just got a grant and it up for another one. It’s a project called Blackout and it’s a documentary style series about a community of sleepwalkers. I’ll be spreading the word about that more as things develop but the plan is to go into production in February.

I also just signed on to produce a series with Paula Rhodes (from The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy) and I’m overjoyed to be working with her again. It’s still in development but we’ll share more as soon as we can.

(Jenni Powell) #47

You are so welcome! It was a pleasure to meet you digitally and thanks for the awesome questions!

(Bri Castellini) #48

Hype! I love Paula’s work as well! (her villain work on Social Medium was downright terrifying!)

(Jenni Powell) #49

To me, the Producer credit is actually more valuable then the Executive Producer credit. Because usually the Producer credit is supposed to be given to those who do the boots on the ground work of making the production happen, while Executive Producer usually means you put in the money or gave some resources but aren’t on the set every day putting in the sweat equity. That’s not always true, but generally it is.

(Jaime Lancaster) #50

Thank you! I didn’t think about that!

(Kallum Weyman) #51

So annoyed with myself that I was busy but this is a great AMA looking forward to reading it though.