LeMay Makes A Series: Interview with Jim Uhls, screenwriter of Fight Club

(Alex Le May) #1

This is a weekly column behind the scenes of Alex LeMay’s latest project, DARK JOEY. DARK JOEY is a collaboration between LeMay and writer Jim Uhls, who wrote the major motion picture, FIGHT CLUB, as well as his writing partner Ric Krause. Follow along here: #Film-School:lemay-makes-a-series

I had a chance to sit down with the screenwriter of one of the most watched movies EVER: FIGHT CLUB! Jim Uhls is now exploring the digital realm with a new, yet to be titled short thriller. In this interview, he discusses Fight Club; his approach to writing for the web, and even has a direct message to all you aspiring and professional filmmakers.

We talked for quite awhile and I was thrilled with his passion to explore stories on the web in addition to his major studio work. I’ll be directing the pilot, which we shoot on Saturday; so needless to say, I want to be sure to bring his amazing script to life. We are going to be shooting at breakneck speed; 7 pages in 1 day. But our crew is so professional; I know we’ll do it. Jim will be on set with us, which is great. He has such keen instincts for individual moments and the broader story, which I intend to adhere to. It’ll be a master class for me.

It’s been a long time comin’ to get to production and both the crew and I are ready to go. Send your good juju our way. Can’t wait for you guys to see it.

Enjoy the interview!

(Bri Castellini) #2

This was so awesome, Alex! Thank you for sharing with us, and break a leg on production!

(sam lockie-waring) #3

this was dope. thanks for sharing my dude

(Alex Le May) #4

Many Thanks! More to come!

(Alex Le May) #5

Thanks so much, Bri. Love the Stareable community!

(Jaime Lancaster) #6

Now that I have an account instead of just lurking, I can comment here to say that this was cool as heck!! Thanks so much for sharing @Alex_LeMay!

(Alex Le May) #7

Thanks so much, JC. Means a lot! Keep watching.