Mikael Thiery, Dublin Web Fest director- AMA

(Bri Castellini) #21

@Mikael_Thiery might have missed this one, so here’s a signal boost!

(Bri Castellini) #22

@Mikael_Thiery might have missed this one too, so here’s another signal boost!

(Meg Carroway) #23

So how are you making your decisions? What is the judging process like?

(Mikael Thiery) #24

The best advice is to observe the people around you. On the bus, on the subway, in cafes, bars.

You may twist some characters traits of people you know!!! Your ex girlfriend, mother, boss,

(Mikael Thiery) #25

We accept submissions until september (15th)

(Pablo Andreu) #26

Hi Mikael, thanks for answering our questions today. Given what you said about Ireland as a unique hub of creativity, culture and technology, is there a distinctive flavor to Dublin Web Fest? How submissions are reviewed, the types of work that are screened, the programming at the event, etc.?

(Mikael Thiery) #27

We watch the series with the Committee. We exchange our thoughts about them. Then we’ll choose!

(Meg Carroway) #28

Other than bad production quality, what kinds of content do you usually say “NO” to?

(Ollie R) #29

Hey man, thanks for being here. What’s something people rarely take advantage of at/surrounding film festivals? For example, if I got into your festival with my web series, what should I do next?

(Bri Castellini) #30

Signal boost, this got lost in all the other comments :slight_smile: @Mikael_Thiery

(Mikael Thiery) #31

Dub Web Fest is an International web series festival with crafty workshops, masterclasses and screenings. From BAFTA nominated director Jack Jewers to Edwina Forkin (Irish TV producer) our judges know what’s working in terms of films, series or short films.

(Mikael Thiery) #32

In practical terms every creator should focus on their story (message) and their audience… Internet is vague and each project needs to find its niche market.

Don’t risk to upload some pictures that you are not sure about. Take the time to explore the series around. Then Design a good poster, find a great tag line.

(Bri Castellini) #33

So what is different about Dub Web Fest, then?

(Mikael Thiery) #34

Th next step is our Indie VOD Twisted Mirror TV

(Ollie R) #35

Sorry I meant next step for me, theoretically, as a filmmaker at your festival. When I get into a film festival, what should I do with that information? How should I promote that to get more views? To get more legitimacy?

(Sunny Larkson) #36

Hi Mikael!! Thanks for answering our questions today!! What do you think is the most special thing about web series, and making web series?

(Mikael Thiery) #37

Dub Web Fest is unique because of its location and its crossroad culture (Right between US and the European Continent). Everyone at Dub Web Fest is passionate about stories and films. We have some cool masterclasses (Tony Kearns, irish editor of many music videos like "Parklife’ from Blur or "Just’ (Radiohead).

it’s an Indie Festival with a nice Spirit!

(Mikael Thiery) #38

Web series and short form content is the new form of Entertainment! If you want to join the online evolution it’s the right time !!

The age of Smart TV and Smartphone have arrived. Cinema will still be here however the online series is stepping up to become a real art form!!!

(Mikael Thiery) #39

Web series and short form content is the new form of Entertainment! If you want to join the online evolution it’s the right time !!

The age of Smart TV and Smartphone have arrived. Cinema will still be here however the online series is stepping up to become a real art form

(Kallum Weyman) #40

Hello Mikael thanks for answering questions today. Is the festival simply for people who have submitted their work or do you hold open events?