Mikael Thiery, Dublin Web Fest director- AMA

(Sunny Larkson) #41

Cool!! What are the three biggest pieces of advice you can give to filmmakers who are just starting out?

(Mikael Thiery) #42

Being part of Dub Web Fest could open some new doors for you as filmmaker as we are connected to some great companies. It can be a real boost for your series.

(Mikael Thiery) #43

Be yourself because everyone else is taken!!!

Shoot your series the way you want!!! Then craft a good plan online!!!

Don’t forget to eat coz your mind will not be as creative as it should

(Ollie R) #44

But how should I promote the fact that I’m in your festival, if I was accepted? What is the best way to use that fact to my advantage, aside from attending? What should I be doing on social media, for example?

(Sunny Larkson) #45

What is a “good plan online” exactly? :slight_smile:

(Mikael Thiery) #46

We’ll make sure that we promote the official selection!!! So you may tag Dub Web Fest online (Twitter, facebook etc)

The online community is quite strong and United we are stronger. I believe that every creator has something special

(Bri Castellini) #47

Signal boost! @Mikael_Thiery

(Mikael Thiery) #48

Nice pictures (Behind the scenes shots) good slogans…

2 posts a week.

A good strategy is also to know your goal.

(Mikael Thiery) #49

The festival is for series makers and stories lovers…

Everyone is welcomed !

(Meg Carroway) #50

Only 2 posts a week? On all of your social media, or on EACH social media site? That seems low!

(Mikael Thiery) #51

2 posts a week on facebook sorry.

on twitter and insta its a bit different.

(Meg Carroway) #52

How different? (sorry, I’m bad at social media!)

(Mikael Thiery) #53

Twitter would be more about reaching prod companies, magazines and following some brands for instance. You may retweet a post from Variety and talk about Cannes Film Festival (using #) for instance. It gives you a great exposure.

Instagram is visual so your pictures and your branding need to be well designed. You may post 1 picture a day for instance

(Meg Carroway) #54

Do you have any recommendations for production companies I should reach out to? I’m in the USA, just so you know :slight_smile: But I’d love to come to Dublin sometime!

(Kallum Weyman) #55

Well I might be looking at getting a ferry and a hotel then. So just looks at some of the categories and I have a two questions if you could answer any of them. 1. When categorize something as a student series/short does that mean made by people who are students or as part of there course. 2 When accepting scripts for web series do you only want the pilot episode?

(Bri Castellini) #56

Alright folks, that about does it for today’s event! Huge big thanks to @Mikael_Thiery for taking the time to chat with us today! Dublin Webfest is accepting submissions thru September, so get yours in soon!

(Mikael Thiery) #57

All the US studios and then it depends which genre do u prefer? Comedy ? Drama? Music videos? LGBT?

(Meg Carroway) #58

Comedy and LGBT :slight_smile:

(Mikael Thiery) #59

https://www.tellofilms.com/ for the LGBT

Comedy Central, bbc comedy, https://www.verizon.com/ondemand/

Blackpills the VOD

(Meg Carroway) #60

Thanks!!