Now Entering Anytown, USA: First Posters For The Tide

(Darek Kowal) #1

Hi! I’m Darek Kowal, creator of the comedy/horror web series ANYTOWN, USA! My show tells the story of an every-day, All-American, modern family … of cannibals, living in suburbia and dealing with rude neighbors the best way they can … by eating them. Our first 10 episode season is available at our Official Site and Episodes 1-6 are streaming on Amazon Instant Video!

One of these days I’ll have time to write a full article with thoughts and opinions and even complete sentences.

Sadly, today is not that day. We’re filming three more days this week with day job business on top of it, so I come here today to ask your thoughts on a few fun graphic/poster ideas I’ve created using some of my favorite stills thus far. The first is a very ‘Tarkovsky’ and the second is a bit more ‘Alien’.

Let me know what you think, and please tell me how YOU advertise for your show. I’m always looking for ideas on what we’re not doing!

(Bri Castellini) #2

Love the first one, the second one is a bit hard to read and the text effect makes it look like the text was stretched out of its max dimensions. It looks blurry in a mistake way. I do dig the understated, really dark image though.

I also worry maybe your tagline is a bit close to “save the cheerleader, save the world” unless that’s what you’re going for.

Some posters/ads for my projects: