Posting Private Vimeo Album on FilmFreeway

(Joanne J Chew) #1

Hi all!

Thanks so much for the helpful advice on getting a project listed on FilmFreeway as I had no idea what I was doing initially!

I’ve created a private Vimeo playlist/album with all of the episodes of the webseries I’m submitting, but when I pasted the link (with password in space provided), when I click the “view project” tab, it displays a default football video with playlist password underneath. Is this what is viewable to the film festivals we are submitting to, or will they see the link & the password to enter? I just want to make sure before I start paying all the submission fees.

Thank you so much!!!

(Bri Castellini) #2

What do you mean by “a default football video”? Can you post a screenshot (with any sensitive info blocked off)?

(Joanne J Chew) #3

Hi Bri! Thanks so much for the response. Here is the screenshot, it’s a one minute football video. The only thing I blacked out was the password. It’s a playlist of three episodes. The link itself is functional because we’ve shared it with other people. I tried making the playlist public and each individual video private but then it just comes up as a blank playlist.

is this what film festival representatives will see when we submit? Or will they just see the link and input the password provided? Thanks so much !

(Bri Castellini) #4

Is the football video part of your link, or something random being brought up?

(Joanne J Chew) #5

it’s totally random. Have no idea what it is. Was wondering if anyone else came across this if they posted password protected playlists.

(Marina Tait) #6

That doesn’t seem normal - I’ve never seen that happen before. It sounds like that football video was added to your playlist accidentally. Can you check on Vimeo and see if the playlist has it on there? Or maybe customer support on Vimeo might be able to tell you how to get rid of it.

• Marina

(Bri Castellini) #7

That is super strange. To be honest I don’t know much about Vimeo- you might want to just upload all the episodes to YouTube as unlisted? Then just make an unlisted playlist and link the first episode in your FilmFreeway page

(Meg Carroway) #8

Does your actual video play if you go to the link/click the video and put in the password?