Questions for me/Stareable about Stareable Fest or anything else we're working on?

No official AMA tomorrow, but if anyone has questions about what’s going on at Stareable HQ right now or questions about Stareable Fest, I’ll promote this thread today and tomorrow and make sure your Qs get answered!

1 Like

What projects are you working on?

1 Like

At Stareable? We’re working on building cast and crew functionality on our Stareable.com show pages and totally redesigning the backend experience, which is super exciting. Soon, like by-the-end-of-this-month soon, you should be able to list your full cast/crew list so folks can follow talented people from show to show (and more stuff I can’t say yet!). We’re also doing final preparations for Stareable Fest (next week! holy crap! Tickets still available!) and continuing to release new podcast episodes every Tuesday :slight_smile:

For me, I’m in the last day and a half of my show’s crowdfunding campaign! We offer a bunch of weird perks at all price levels, plus we’re doing a final hours pledge drive live stream tomorrow to celebrate the campaign right. Then in 21 days (that’s less than 2 weeks after Stareable Fest) we actually officially go into production! Aaaah!

Edit: doing a live stream pledge drive starting in 15 minutes!

1 Like

I can’t make it to the fest but is there any way to see anything happening? Even afterwards?

1 Like

Yes! Two ways, in fact :slight_smile:

1. We’re live-streaming the whole fest! Make sure you’ve RSVP’d for this FB event to catch the stream or the VOD afterwards
  2. At some point in the future, we plan on releasing the audio of at least 1 or 2 panels as podcast episodes! So be sure to subscribe to Forget The Box.
1 Like

Awesome- thank you!!

1 Like

How do I add behind the scenes footage to my show page on Stareable?

1 Like

There are two options:

1. Embed them in your episodes section as a new season or just as bonus episodes at the end of your existing season OR
  2. Embed the YouTube videos in a Stareable page Update in your updates tab.

Thanks, Ill try that. Also have you noticed a dip in instagram traction lately? I getting ready to release a teaser trailer in August and I’m worried about this.

I’ll be honest- Instagram isn’t really my home base by any means for marketing, so I haven’t noticed anything. I’m more of a Twitter and Tumblr person. I know @ghettonerdgirl uses Instagram a lot, Sally, can you shed some light?

1 Like

I don’t really use twitter that much but I’ll try it again. I’ll also start posting here more.

If your audience is on the younger side (20’s and under) then Instagram is a great place to share your web series news and events. Even people in their 30’s frequent IG more than Facebook amongst my peers. That is my experience with it anyway. I did notice less likes on my posts, but I have also posted less. The more active you are, the more engagement you will receive.

2 Likes

Did the algorithm change?

I might try tumblr. How’s the traffic on there?

Does Stareable have any plans to become/create a tv app? (Like on Roku, Apple TV)

Probably not for a while! We’re a pretty small team and an app is a whole different ballgame. We’d need a whole new segment of the company, and candidly, that’s not where our focus is right now. The main focus of Stareable is the creator tools we created in the background (Enrich, Updates, etc) which are best on desktop. We aren’t a streaming platform, we’re a suite of tools for creators to take more control of their audience building efforts

You are doing an awesome job! Thank you so much for bringing this community together.

2 Likes