Re: Design App for Augmenting Festival Laurels/Posters

(Allen Landver) #1

Hi everyone,

Tech-novice here, and I sure would love your help re: recommendations for a software program that I can use to tweak the color of my laurels. Simple tasks like that keep me up at night and I can sure use the help!! I need something very basic so the simpler the better for this one.

Thank you ALL — sleep well,

• Allen

(Herman Wang) #2

Not sure what kind of tweaking you’re talking about, but my main tool for posters is Microsoft Visio, which is essentially a layout program (think a bare-bones version of Photoshop). I can arrange images like still photos, laurels, etc to create a basic poster, and there are tools to do things like lighten/darken and make transparencies.

There are free programs that do something similar, for example LibreOffice Draw.

(Bri Castellini) #3

Do you mean you want to change a laurel from white to black, or vice versa? That’s a pretty simple invert in Photoshop, but if you don’t have Photoshop and just have a handful, you can send them to me and I’ll send them back to you in your preferred color straightaway!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #4

Not sure if this is too simple for you, but I use pic font to add laurels to existing posters. Not sure if you can tweak color with that. I’m sure you can do it in Preview if you’re working on a Mac.