Shameless Self Promo Thread- December 1st, 2017

(Stareable) #1

It’s Friday, which means it’s time for the Shameless Self Promo Thread! In the comments, you are all free to share “Friday Asks,” or specific, actionable things we can all do to help you out.

Format your ask using this template:

*all other comments not using this template will be deleted

• Ask: [What you want people to help you with]
  • Show name:
  • Link: {episode/trailer/crowdfunding link}
  • Comment Prompt: [If you’re asking people to comment, enter a prompt to make it easier]
  • Preferred Hashtag: {if applicable}
  • Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options (include your show’s social media links, and make sure to keep character limits in mind):
  • Extras/further info: {if applicable}

Asks can include:

• subscribing to your YouTube/Vimeo channel
  • following you on social media
  • liking/commenting on a video
  • reviewing your show on Stareable
  • posting on social media about your show or crowdfunding campaign, etc.

The community as a whole will use its discretion to decide which things are appropriate.

You are not obligated to perform every “ask,” but if you’re going to ask something of us, it’s courteous to at least do one or two things for other people. This is a community, after all

(Anthony Ferraro) #2

Ask: Please Subscribe To My Web Series Channel
Show name: Galactic Galaxy
Link: Galactic Galaxy Channel
Extras/further info: Our web series Galactic Galaxy featuring Jeff Lewis from The Guild is gearing up for release. Weekly we share a fun behind the scenes production diary. Please subscribe to follow along.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #3

Ask: I want to get at least 5 more people on the Flagon email list
Show name: Flagon

Link: http://bit.ly/FlgnEmail

Extras/further info: It would be killer if the people signing up for the email list have some interest in video games or gaming in general as that’s a big part of the show.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #4

Done. Subscribed and I liked the teaser, which pushed a notification out to my show’s twitter account.

(Bri Castellini) #5

@Monica_Quinn this is the weekly thread we mentioned to you last week! Promo trades 5eva

(Marc L) #6

Subscribed.

(Marc L) #7

Subscribed as well. I have never used my YouTube channel before so you are my first subscription!

(Monica Quinn) #8

Good looking out Bri!!

(Monica Quinn) #9

Ask: Please visit link below and LIKE and/ or post a comment
Show name: The Inside Noise Show
Link: https://www.facebook.com/theinsidenoiseshow/videos/977639602403839/
Comment Prompt: OPEN preferably something nice
Preferred Hashtag:
Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options (include your show’s social media links, and make sure to keep character limits in mind):
Extras/further info:

(Monica Quinn) #10

Done and done!!! Congrats!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #11

Thank you!

(Bri Castellini) #14

Just liked the vid with as many Facebook pages as I manage as I could :slight_smile: Best of luck! My short film is actually on Revry too! Love those peeps.

(Monica Quinn) #15

Ummmm you are brilliant for pulling the link. Thank you. I couldn’t figure it out! Yay Revry! They seem like they have really great content. I’d love to hear more sometime about how you have gotten your work on streaming platforms. Oh and thanks for liking the link!

(Ian David Diaz) #17

Hi everyone, just to let you guys know my new web series Rebecca Gold will be out next year. I started shooting my web series in February and have had to work around my day job and actors/crew’s jobs to get this done. As it stands I’ve shot 90% of my five-part, five minutes per episode web series. Yes, this is a shameless plug! :slight_smile: I hope to complete the climax of my show next year February so please look out for it. Thank you.

PROJECT TITLE: REBECCA GOLD
WRITER: Ian David Diaz
MAIN GENRE: Action
SUB-GENRE: Comedy
SETTING: UK
PERIOD: Modern day
FORMAT: 5 minute Eps
LOGLINE: A highly skilled assassin goes rogue when she encounters her high school crush.

(Bri Castellini) #18

Hey Ian- this thread is for if you need help with something, like sharing news, liking a page, getting followers, and other things of that nature. Actionable things we can do to support you and your project, not just announcements.

(Ian David Diaz) #19

Oh, okay do you want me to delete it?

(Bri Castellini) #20

You’re ok, especially since this is a very out of date thread you’re posting in and we make a new one each Friday. I just wanted to let you know for next time. We want to make sure that we enforce some structure so everyone gets as much out of these threads as possible.