Shameless Self Promo Thread- November 17th, 2017

(Stareable) #1

It’s Friday, which means it’s time for the Shameless Self Promo Thread!

In the comments, you are all free to share “Friday Asks,” or specific, actionable things we can all do to help you out. Asks can include:

• subscribing to your YouTube/Vimeo channel
  • following you on social media
  • liking/commenting on a video
  • reviewing your show on Stareable
  • posting on social media about your show or crowdfunding campaign, etc.

The community as a whole will use its discretion to decide which things are appropriate.

You are not obligated to perform every “ask,” but if you’re going to ask something of us, it’s courteous to at least do one or two things for other people. This is a community, after all

Format your ask using this template:

*all other comments not using this template will be deleted

• Ask: [What you want people to help you with]
  • Show name:
  • Link: {episode/trailer/crowdfunding link}
  • Comment Prompt: [If you’re asking people to comment, enter a prompt to make it easier]
  • Preferred Hashtag: {if applicable}
  • Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options (include your show’s social media links, and make sure to keep character limits in mind):
  • Extras/further info: {if applicable}

(Darek Kowal) #2

Ask: Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
Show name: Anytown USA web series

Link: Subscribe Here!

Extras/further info: Our pilot is officially on Amazon Prime and our full season will be up by Thanksgiving! So if anyone wants to check it out and help boost our Amazon viewership that would be amazing! Link Below!

Amazon Prime Link

Thank you all!

(Bri Castellini) #3

Ask: Tweet about The Mother Lode on our last day of crowdfunding!
Show: The Mother Lode
Pre-baked tweet:

Help @MotherLodeShow, a comedic web series following a mother whose artist self is struggling against her mother self, fund its first season on its last day on @seedandspark by clicking here: www.seedandspark.com/fund/motherlodeshow

Extra: if you could click “follow” on that campaign as well, it would really help us out! No $$ required!

(Darek Kowal) #4

done and done!

(Bri Castellini) #5

Same and same! Left you a review on Amazon too! It’s under my mom’s name cuz it’s my mom’s account haha

(Darek Kowal) #6

thanks mom!

(Lacey Shaw) #7

Ask: Please subscribe to our main channel! When we reach 100 subscribers we can get a custom channel name. Also sharing helps!
Show name: Maggie Hales’s Corner
Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxlTS0P-Uq6rbNqL64PMPw
Preferred Hashtag: #maggiehalescorner
Extras/further info: Maggie Hales Corner is a literary inspired webseries, similar to The Lizzie Bennet Diaries or Nothing Much to Do

(Pablo Andreu) #8

Ask: Follow our crowdfunding campaign! (please and thank you)

Show name: STRAY

Link: Follow Us!

Further info: Seed&Spark offers incentives for having a certain number of follows. Right now, we’re trying to get to 250. All you have to do is click a button, so you can help us without spending a dime!

(Bri Castellini) #9

Done! I have so many YouTube channels I think we may have gotten you to that 100 subs! And if you want us to share the link in a tweet or something- consider pre-writing a tweet (see my example a few posts up) so we don’t get something wrong! :slight_smile:

(Jonathan Hardesty) #10

Hey guys, I’m trying to get us noticed by various geek/nerd celebrities of varying levels of celebrity and having others share us is the best way to do that. I put a stock tweet in the ask, but I would recommend doing it in your own voice as if you were recommending to a friend, that way it doesn’t look like a coordinated tweet effort. THANKS!

• Ask: Share our show with various geek/nerd circles/celebs
  • Show name: Flagon
  • Link: http://bit.ly/WatchFlagon
  • Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options: (NOTE: Please re-write in your own voice so the shares don’t seem coordinated, but keep the hashtag and twitter link)
  • "Hey, have you seen @flagonseries yet? I think you’d like it! http://bit.ly/WatchFlagon "

(Kyla) #11

Ask: please follow To The Max on Instagram!
Show name: To The Max
Link: @tothemaxwebseries on instagram
Extras: it would be real cool if you left a like or a comment on our recent posts!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #12

Subscribed and liked the trailer, which pushed it out to my twitter. I’ll have to check out the amazon link later as I can’t do that at work.

(Darek Kowal) #13

thank you!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #14

Done. Will RT from my personal twitter shortly.

(Bri Castellini) #15

Done!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #16

Subscribed, liked, and shared out to the twitters.

(Pablo Andreu) #17

Subscribed. I’ll check out the pilot on Prime this weekend.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #18

Followed! I’ll have to comment a little later when I’ve got a moment to do so!

(Kyla) #19

hey bri, I followed but I don’t yet have 280 characters on twitter! any way to sum up the series in a shorter tweet?

(Pablo Andreu) #20

Just followed and liked your recent post. I’m “StrayShow” on Instagram FYI.