Shameless Self Promo Thread: September 21st, 2018

(Stareable) #1

Welcome to our weekly Shameless Self Promo Thread!

In the comments, you are all free to share “Friday Asks,” or specific, actionable things we can all do to help you out.

Format your ask using this template:

*all other comments not using this template will be deleted

• Ask: [What you want people to help you with]
  • Show name:
  • Link: {episode/trailer/crowdfunding link}
  • Comment Prompt: [If you’re asking people to comment, enter a prompt to make it easier]
  • Preferred Hashtag: {if applicable}
  • Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options (include your show’s social media links, and make sure to keep character limits in mind):
  • Extras/further info: {if applicable}

Asks can include:

• subscribing to your YouTube/Vimeo channel
  • following you on social media
  • liking/commenting on a video
  • reviewing your show on Stareable
  • posting on social media about your show or crowdfunding campaign, etc.

The community as a whole will use its discretion to decide which things are appropriate.

You are not obligated to perform every “ask,” but if you’re going to ask something of us, it’s courteous to at least do one or two things for other people. This is a community, after all.

(Gordon McAlpin) #2

So… yeah! I had a massive malfunction earlier this week and inadvertently deleted my YouTube channel, and it is—according to the Googs—unrecoverable. sigh I blame sleep deprivation. Also stupidity. Long story.

Anyway, so I’ve spent the last day re-uploading the important stuff to a new channel (and feeling dumb about the less important stuff that we lost). But all our views (sigh) and our 1200-some subscribers (siiiiiiiigh) got zeroed out, of course. In order to get back to where we were sooner rather than later (and that means, of course, if you already were subscribed, you gotta "re-"subscribe to my (new) channel. :frowning:

ASK: Subscribe to Multiplex 10 on YouTube… AND post about the web series on Twitter or Facebook?
SHOW NAME: Multiplex 10
LINK: YouTube

You might write something like this:

Check out this awesome animated web series – @multiplex10 [or Multiplex 10 Cinemas on FB]! #supportindiefilm #webseries https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLAINgRLTj2Hex-K53nKofthmEIERWfcmI&v=mavtfL3CYvI

Thank you so much! :grimacing:

(Bri Castellini) #3
  • Ask: Tell me your favorite Greta moments from Brains! Either tweet @BrainsWebseries or send me an email- brainswebseries@gmail.com
  • Show name: Brains
  • Link: Brains
  • Comment Prompt: What is your favorite thing about Greta and, in particular, the actress’s performance! (Masha Danilenko)
  • Extras/further info: The actress, Masha, is considering doing more acting in the future, but she’s unsure because her only recent (and recorded) experience is as Greta from Brains. I want to forward her some nice comments from fans to so she feels confident enough to take that next step!

(Ian David Diaz) #4

Ask: Please help us and like our facebook page: Rebecca Gold the series - Home | Facebook

Please Subscribe to the YouTube channel: YouTube

Link: Leading up to the main release we will be screening 2, short prologue, starring the characters within the show. The first prologue is THE TROUBLE WITH NINE: Starring Paul Coster, Ben Shockley & Keith Eyles.

The second short prologue is THE TROUBLE WITH BULLIES: Starring Katie Sheridan, Isabelle Allan & Jamie Witchell.

Show Name: REBECCA GOLD a 5-part, 5-minute series. - Release date - October 1st

(Reese Hayes) #5
  • Ask : What do you think of the pilot of my new show and are you looking forward to what comes next?
  • Show name: Cobblestoned
  • Link: Stareable
  • Comment Prompt: Here’s what I thought about this excellent, intriguing, and hilarious pilot…
  • Preferred Hashtag: #whatsgoingonhere
  • Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options I’m not gonna write a tweet for y’all, but I’d appreciate some support if you actually like the show!:
  • Extras/further info: We’re making one episode at a time and are trying to gauge what is and is not working with our audience. We’ve already learned a lot from this pilot, but would really appreciate more feedback from smart web series creators like you :slight_smile: Thank you!

(Steven Bucky Butler) #6

I could use some YouTube channel subs, if you want to feel free to subscribe at the link below and I might sub you as well.

(Alicia Carroll) #7

Ask: Follow our Social Media Accounts, so we can show off the cool stuff we have planned!
Show name: Fishing The Series
Link: Fishing: A Series (@fishingtheseries) • Instagram photos and videos
https://twitter.com/fishing_series
fb.me/fishingtheseries
Extras/further info: We just brought on a marketing manager, I’m super excited about what we have planned. If you want to be a part of the magic, you can also fill out our social survey: http://bit.ly/fishingsocial