Shameless Self Promo Thread: September 28th, 2018

(Stareable) #1

Welcome to our weekly Shameless Self Promo Thread!

In the comments, you are all free to share “Friday Asks,” or specific, actionable things we can all do to help you out.

Format your ask using this template:

*all other comments not using this template will be deleted

• Ask: [What you want people to help you with]

• Show name:

• Link: {episode/trailer/crowdfunding link}

• Comment Prompt: [If you’re asking people to comment, enter a prompt to make it easier]

• Preferred Hashtag: {if applicable}

• Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options (include your show’s social media links, and make sure to keep character limits in mind):

• Extras/further info: {if applicable}

Asks can include:

• subscribing to your YouTube/Vimeo channel

• following you on social media

• liking/commenting on a video

• reviewing your show on Stareable

• posting on social media about your show or crowdfunding campaign, etc.

The community as a whole will use its discretion to decide which things are appropriate.

You are not obligated to perform every “ask,” but if you’re going to ask something of us, it’s courteous to at least do one or two things for other people. This is a community, after all

(Bri Castellini) #2
  • Ask: Rate my first web series, now on Stareable! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
  • Show name: Cooking with Gandalf
  • Link: https://stareable.com/series/view/cooking-with-gandalf
  • Extras/further info: Technically, my first web series isn’t Brains- it’s actually Cooking with Gandalf, the cooking show my roommates and I made while in college. With over 30 episodes of cooking and LOTR jokes and friendship and nonsense, it felt silly that we weren’t on Stareable!

(Collene Webb) #3
  • Ask : Please take a look at my web series YouTube channel and consider subscribing or commenting! :blush:

• Show name: The A to Z of Clueless Experts

• Link: YouTube

• Extras/further info: It’s a one-woman satirical comedy/drama (with a dash of sci-fi and weirdness).
    Confused millennial enrols on an online course to discover her true vocation, only to become even more confused by an out-of-body programme in alphabetical order…

Now listed on Stareable and recently featured by The Snobby Robot! :+1:

(Jonathan Kaplan) #4

We are gonna launch our Seed and Spark later tonight at our Boston screening! If anyone sees this please follow our campaign!

Killing it! on Seed & Spark

(Alicia Carroll) #5
  • Ask : Survey or share our ISO for Dating Stories!

• Show name: Fishing

• Link: {https://goo.gl/yvZXjL}

• Comment Prompt: Screenshots, anecdotes, whatever you want to share!

• Preferred Hashtag: #FishingTheSeries // #LoveisaScam

• Prewritten tweet/Facebook post options ISO: Survey participants! @Fishingtheseries is a dark comedy digital series about catfishing and true love! Cool, I know!
    For their social channels and development process, they’ve been asking around for personal accounts of dating (online and irl), love, and catfishing (if that’s your thing). To widen their pool of stories, we are sharing their open call for submissions! Screenshots, anecdotes, whatever you want to share! You can fill out as much or as little as you’d like! Thanks for the support and feel free to share this with whichever friend LOVES to tell you about their tinder escapades.
    Peace, Love and Scam,
    -Your Name

• Extras/further info: You can also use this survey to stay up to date on the project, although it’s totally optional!

(Ian David Diaz) #6

Hi everyone, again - REBECCA GOLD my 5-part, 5-minute series is coming - Release date THIS MONDAY, October 1st.

In the meantime here is the third prologue short, THE TROUBLE WITH BOO starring the characters within the show.

THE TROUBLE WITH BOO: Starring Alison Collinge and Blanche Anderson.

What is it about?
A gay, lonely, geeky, highly skilled assassin goes rogue when she encounters her high school crush. Rebecca is an assassin, she is smart, geeky, savvy, brave assassin. She is a virtual encyclopedia of geekiness whether it is comics, television, movies, or superheroes. To put it simply, Rebecca is the voice of the niche audience we are trying to attract. If you’re a movie/TV geek then you’ll love this, and if you’re not you’ll still love it.

We would appreciate it if you could subscribe to our Youtube channel: YouTube

And our Facebook page: Rebecca Gold the series - Home | Facebook

Here’s the talented Neil Myers’ tiny Vlog, his journey as a music composer on Rebecca Gold. Enjoy!