Soundtrack Videos On YT, FB

(Jonathan Hardesty) #1

Hey guys, I’m putting the Soundtrack for Flagon up on its YT channel and FB page, and I’m curious what else would be useful information to put on here other than track name and musician.

As for the aesthetic, that’s pretty much locked. I don’t want it to get too complex and at most I’ll add a waveform that syncs to the music. Is there other information within the video that would be valuable to know?

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #2

Forgive the garish file name linked in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bri Castellini) #3

@Frankvleone @Carlo_Delmar @SnobbyRobot @jonathankyall @danielmhart @kmd @w-e-spear @gmcalpin

(Gordon McAlpin) #4

Keep it simple: Track name, artist, and “the album” (a.k.a. a reference to the show)!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #5

Was definitely leaning in that direction, but I don’t upload many soundtracks I produced so the feedback helps.

(William E. Spear) #6

What do you want to accomplish with the soundtrack releases? Also, who’s the audience for the soundtrack?

(Jonathan Hardesty) #7

Gamers, fans of the show, and anyone who likes to use sites like FB or Youtube to listen to soundtracks.

(William E. Spear) #8

Does SoundCloud reach those audiences?

(Jonathan Hardesty) #9

They might, but is there a way to monetize the listens on soundcloud? I have it set so that once the videos get put on Youtube the ads will kick in so the musician who wrote the music can get ad revenue. Otherwise, we’re also on Spotify already and we’ve got the album on itunes (apple music, now?) and google play.

(William E. Spear) #10

I don’t know. However, what SoundCloud and similar sites might lack in monetization might be made up in terms of larger numbers of listeners looking specifically for audio.