Storyblaster for Crowdfunding

(Carlo Delmar) #1

There were some promotional cards for Storyblaster at the Yonkers Film Festival (YoFiFest) earlier this month. Storyblaster seems to be a service to help project creators succeed with their crowdfunding efforts.

Does anyone have experience with Storyblaster?

(Bri Castellini) #2

Never heard of it! Seems kind of like Seed&Spark but branded with Kickstarter colors and graphics. I’m sticking with S&S- everything I know about their team, their product, their ethos, and their filmmaker resources has been top notch and unparalleled.

(Ian David Diaz) #3

S&S? The who now? :-):grinning:

(Bri Castellini) #4

Seed&Spark

(Ian David Diaz) #5

Oh, who are they? Sorry, I live in the UK in a little place called Battersea, I’ll look them up. Are you guys hoping to have another festival next year?

(Bri Castellini) #6

The Best Crowdfunding Advice You Need To Read.

AMA with Christina Raia.

Seed&Spark Head of Education, Julie Keck.

Kt McBratney, Seed&Spark's head of marketing: AMA!.

Seed&Spark founder and CEO Emily Best, AMA!.

And we are having a festival! Reminder that you can get $$ off submission:

(Ian David Diaz) #7

Thanks, Bri, do you think I should put my series on there?

(Bri Castellini) #8

Are you crowdfunding?

(Ian David Diaz) #9

No, is that a requirement?

(Bri Castellini) #10

Seed&Spark is a crowdfunding platform, like apparently this Storyblaster, which I assumed was the topic of this thread? Seed&Spark also has a streaming platform but it’s submission only and they tend to prefer projects that haven’t been distributed elsewhere.

(Ian David Diaz) #11

Okay thanks Bri

(Alicia Carroll) #12

it looks like storyblaster is a promotional tool to use in tandem with your campaign to boost results! you can pair it with seed and spark

(Bri Castellini) #13

oh fascinating. Didn’t look at it that long to be honest haha. Now that I look closer, it’s just another one of those “pay us and we’ll make ads for your crowdfunding” kinda services. My 2 cents is that you should just learn how to do your own boosted posts and stick to spending as little money as possible to actually make money.