Teach Me Tuesday: Funding other than crowdfunding

(Ron Valderrama) #21

I have been making episodes of Stream Now Music Television and just this week put a post on my personal FB page saying someone could sponsor the next episode for $500. Two people contacted me wanting to do it. One of them asked if they could commit to 12 episodes (1 year) for $500 a piece which I declined because I will eventually raise the price. My point is, you never know who in your network wants to be involved in what you’re working on.

(Bri Castellini) #22

In your opinion, what was it about your ask that made people particularly interested? Any sales tips you can give the rest of us?

(Ron Valderrama) #23

This was literally all I put out. Of course I have also been posting about Stream Now Music Television, so I would imagine they knew a little about the project.

(Monica West) #24

Hi @AnnaBanana, I’m sorry I missed this! I think showing past work that’s high quality is a huge leg up. YES. And as far as one-sheet goes, if you don’t have a sizzle to accompany it, just make sure to have an image on the one-sheet that is high quality, eye-catching and evocative of your new project’s energy. How are things going for you with this project?

(Anna Bateman) #25

Still in development! But using all this forum advice is making it go smooth :slight_smile:

(Monica West) #26

Great! Keep us posted. Do you have an IG/Twitter you want peeps to follow?

(Kate Hackett) #27

When episodes take thousands of dollars, a lot of what was previously mentioned doesn’t work.

We got lucky with The Long Dig; the company who made the game (Electric Purple Studios, check em out!) was excited. They funded us. If we want to make more, we’ll probably have to crowdfund.

Nobody “invests” in films. It’s not an investment. It’s the same as buying a new car – you’re hurling money away from you. That’s really a hard sell.