The psychology of a web series buyer and how to use it to your advantage

(Alex Le May) #1

Taken directly from my popular online course PITCH BEAST, this video dives deep into the psychology of a web series buyer. Knowing how they think is imperative to being able to get them to ‘YES’isnd ‘NOW’.

Psychology_Web-Series-Buyer-2

Being able to master the pitch process is essential to building your web series business. Knowing exactly what psychological triggers to pull is the difference between getting paid for the work you want to be known for and eating ramen while hiding from your landlord.

Pitching is where everything in our careers is born. If you can’t pitch, there is no money, there is no project and there is no career. Distributors and content buyers say ‘yes’ for VERY specific reasons and they demand a certain set of information. But it’s not as easy as checking boxes on a list or filling out a form. It’s about creating a feeling that combines trust, ingenuity and just the right amount of magic. Get this stuff wrong and it’s going to be a long f’ing road for you as a filmmaker. Get it right and you’ll always have a seat at the pitch table. Knowing how web series buyers think and how to use it to your advantage is probably the main pillar for success in what is already a nerve-wracking situation.

In this video, I cover:

• · A web series buyers biggest fear
  • · How to gain immediate control of the pitch meeting
  • · What information series buyers need to get to ‘YES’

***If you watch to the end, I’ve also included a bulletproof bonus tip that will let you know exactly which projects a web series buyer is looking to invest in and how to adjust your pitch to serve those criteria.

I’d love to hear what you’re currently struggling with when it comes to pitching as well as what victories you had during a recent pitch. Include specifics for why it worked or didn’t. It will go a long way towards helping everyone in the Stareable creator community crush it in their next project pitch. ENJOY and happy pitching.

So you got a meeting with a major showrunner, what do you do?