Upcoming Stareable events and webfest deadlines

(Stareable) #1

June 2018

Webfests

July 2018

Webfests:

Would you like to host a Stareable meetup in your area? Email Bri@Stareable.com!

10 Things You Can Do For 10 Minutes To Promote Your Web Series
(Stareable) #2

(Herman Wang) #3

Also DC Web Fest and Sicily Web Fest for Early Deadline and Vancouver Web Fest for Regular Deadline

(Stareable) #4

Updated! Thanks, Herman!

(Herman Wang) #5

Earlybird ends tomorrow. (This is not an endorsement, just a mention.)

(Bri Castellini) #6

Can you explain lift off festivals to me? They always come in force to retweet festival entries sometimes and I can’t quite tell what their deal is.

(Herman Wang) #7

I know nothing about them :slight_smile: As I said, it’s just a mention.

(Bri Castellini) #8

(Brad Riddell) #9

If you ever figure this out, I’d love to know, too. I’ve stayed away because I’m unsure what the deal is.

(Bri Castellini) #10

updated!

(Miceal O'Donnell) #11

The Stareable Webfest does not have a science fiction category. How much of a disadvantage will we be at for submitting to a category that is not appropriate to the material? Thanks!

(Bri Castellini) #12

If we get enough sci-fi series, we would consider adding a category! Otherwise we’ll judge it as a sci fi comedy or drama, whichever you submit via. Since we’re a first year festival, though, we didn’t want to run into an issue where we were forced to award the only two shows submitted even if we didn’t love them. So no disadvantage whatsoever!

(Miceal O'Donnell) #13

Awesome. Thanks for the info Bri!!

(Gordon McAlpin) #14

Does anybody have any direct experience with the New Media Film Festival? They look promising, and they’ve been around for a while, but their submission fees are ridiculously expensive.

(Herman Wang) #15

I got accepted by them once with a music video, about 5 years ago. If I recall correctly, my impression was that they’re primarily interested in high-budget production value, not artistic value. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll only take the so-high-budget-it’s-practically-television web series entries. That would correspond with the high fees - they’re after the people who can afford it.

(Brianne Nord-Stewart) #16

They are a bullshit cash grab that offers no prestige.

(Sandra) #17

Although it’s not a Webfest, heads up that the International Academy of Web Television Awards (IAWTV Awards) deadline is coming up on May 31!

(Bri Castellini) #18