Vimeo native video sharing option

(Meg Carroway) #1

Not that I want to pay like $75/month for Vimeo, but holy shit would this be convenient! Essentially, it’ll give you the option to share videos you upload to Vimeo natively to places like Facebook and YouTube (as opposed to having to re-upload entirely to each platform, which is a pain but also necessary for like maximum possible views/discover-ability)

Thoughts??

(Bri Castellini) #2

Yeah this was the kicker for me:

The Publish to Social feature is only available to certain paid tiers of Vimeo user (Plus, PRO, Business, and all live plans, which range from $65 to $800 per month)

But it’s a smart damn move, recognizing the power of native video and building that into your platform. More and more I’m drawn to Vimeo, though I do with they had better backend control. YouTube still wins for me because of end screens, ease of adding subtitles, playlist functionality, etc, but Vimeo is inarguably the better platform for filmmakers in general.

(sam lockie-waring) #3

i wonder if you paid for one month and just uploaded a fuckton of things and then deleted the next month if those native videos would stay.

(Bri Castellini) #4

Not sure about the new native thing, but for going from paid to basic, they do delete your videos that go over the storage plan (which is also a reason I kinda think Vimeo is fucked. Though I bet it helps cut down on the randos uploading shit constantly just to stay relevant, but still)

(Bri Castellini) #5

Just saw @ariesforlife_Martin retweet this so now I wanna hear his thoughts!

(Ariesforlife Martin) #6

Although I’m new to this and i don’t have s Vimeo account yet. I think that would be a great thing to maximize the growth and audience for film makers and web series creaters like myself. YouTube has been great for me but I’m always looking to expand.

(Bri Castellini) #7

Would you pay the monthly fee for it?