Vote on the next Stareable.com feature!

(Bri Castellini) #1

What part of Stareable.com should we build a feature for next?

• Show profile
  • Personal cast/crew profile

0 voters

Show profile being this and personal profile being this.

If you’re so inclined, after voting, tell us specifically which new things you want!

(Arthur Vincie) #2

Stareable brand ice cream.

(Bri Castellini) #3

Looking for real examples, folks! Help us build you something awesome!!

(sam lockie-waring) #4

i bet folks would like laurels displayed somehow- dunno what that would look like to keep the profiles all uniform and nicely designed, but being able to showcase that you’re in fests and win awards is hella useful.

(Bri Castellini) #5

@avincie @ghettonerdgirl @RDRICCI @jonathankyall @kmd @hermdelica

Can you expand on what show profile feature you’d like to see next?

(Arthur Vincie) #6

Apart from Bri Crunch and Ajay Strawberry Surprise?

okay, seriously. I’d love to be able to display laurels. The cast/crew feature is great but a lot of people’s cast & crew will simply not sign up, so if there’s a way I can at least upload a headshot that would be great.

Links to press reviews would be cool also.

The IMDB model isn’t a terrible one - showing connections between people - but I realize it’s almost like reinventing IMDB so I’m not sure what the work vs. reward is.

(Jonathan Hardesty) #7

Curious what you mean by show profile. Like, expanding on the information on the show page for any given show?

(Bri Castellini) #8

Show profile being this and personal profile being this.

IE: we basically have two kinds of public-facing profiles on Stareable.com now- one for your show (with cast/crew listing and episode embedding so far) and one for you personally (with a headshot, bio, and listing of Stareable credits so far), and we can be building new functionality or features for either one, but with only one head of technical stuff we have to prioritize which comes first and what that first thing will actually be

(Jonathan Hardesty) #9

Gotcha. Hrm. I think in this particular instance it might be a good idea to put effort into the personal profiles. The embedded videos for show pages was pretty huge and seemingly the big feature request. It might be beneficial to give us more stuff for our profiles to give viewers a better snapshot of who we are as creators and actors and crew and etc.

(Bri Castellini) #10

(that’s my personal vote as well)

(Jonathan Hardesty) #11

Perhaps an interesting feature might be to add more of a connection between our profile on the site and our activity in the community? Like if at possible we could embed our recent posts or comments in our profile somewhere near the bottom? Or be able to click on a button and message on the forum?

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #12

I second this.

(Bri Castellini) #13

Over festival laurels?

(Bri Castellini) #14

(if you had to pick one for us to start work on, that is. We can only do one at a time!)

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #15

Yes. People put laurels on posters and award wins can be seen on IMDb. So yes my vote is for press links because right now those aren’t visible to my audience anywhere.

(Herman Wang) #16

Honestly I didn’t have anything specific in mind, it’s just the show profile is more important to me.

Maybe a way to list upcoming appearances like festivals or screenings?

(Bri Castellini) #17

Ooo like a calendar kinda thing? That’s really interesting- I never even thought of that! You could also theoretically add premieres and finales and crowdfunding deadlines and whatnot to that sort of thing.

(Rodrigo Diaz Ricci) #18

At the moment, I do not have any special requests. Maybe as they say here, a link to some online interview or maybe a series of 5 photos of the show or making of.
It could also be a small interview made by the Stareable team to each artist who exhibits his web series here with 5 standard questions. (1, 3, 6 questions) I do not know. Something that in turn is advertising for the website.

(Bri Castellini) #19

Bumping this back up to the top! We’re having a team meeting tonight and we’d love your input on this topic before we all talk!

Specifically- we want to know WHY you want the features you want.

Not just “they’d be cool,” but what, in your mind, would these new potential features get you for your goals/your show’s success?

(Jonathan Hardesty) #20

I wonder if it might be beneficial to add the ability to link to our monetization sources above the fold in visually striking ways. For example, let’s say I have a Kofi for my personal profile and a patreon set up for my show. It would be nice to have those displayed. It would also be interesting to be able to link to, display, or feature our connected socials for both our profile and show page.

My reasoning for these is mainly to start turning both the show page and our profiles into hubs where people can go to get to us in most of our endeavors.