Webseries Submissions: Do we submit all the episodes?

(Joanne J Chew) #1

Greetings all!

I’m one of the producers of a webseries and I’ve been asked to help with the film festival submission side of things. I’m completely brand new to this process and so glad to have found this community!

In the process of filling out all our info on FilmFreeway. When they ask for a video or a link, do they want a file with all our episodes, or do we just submit the pilot/strongest episode?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #2

Hi Joanne! Welcome to Stareable! In my experience, film fests only need one episode as submission. If they need additional info they’ll let you know. I hope this helps.

(Herman Wang) #3

If you mean you’re creating Projects in FilmFreeway, then there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer. Some festivals want 1 or 2 episodes, some want 3, some want an entire season with accompanying info. I’ve built up 10 different Projects for my one web series over the years, and I use each one for the differing requirements of fests.

(Joanne J Chew) #4

Wow, thanks for such a quick reply! When I was filling out the info on FilmFreeway there was only space for one link/file. I have links for all three episodes but was wondering if I had to consolidate onto one link.

(Joanne J Chew) #5

Thanks so much! I was just wondering how to fill out the section on FilmFreeway since there was only space for one file/link and wanted to know if I could just submit one episode or the strongest one

(Bri Castellini) #6

One thing to keep in mind is that you can link a playlist in your FilmFreeway project page- as long as you use the link of the first episode from within the playlist you want to submit, the entire playlist will be linked in the project. Videos have slightly different URLs if you look at them inside or out of a playlist. :slight_smile:

(Herman Wang) #7

If a fest only asks for 1 episode then submit your strongest one obviously, keeping in mind that “strongest” may differ if the fest has a theme or specific angle.

Fests that ask for more than one will either ask for one file, in which case I upload an amalgamated file, or will ask for web links to episodes in their entry form, which is much easier on you :slight_smile:

(Joanne J Chew) #8

Thanks so much for this pointer!!