WebSeriesChat Recap- writing for web series

(Bri Castellini) #1

Should we start our writing process with budget in mind?

What are ideal episode lengths?

Should you write ‘standalone’ episodes and avoid serialization?

What do YOU think? Do you have a particular writing process for web series scripts that differs from other scripts or formats? Let us know!

(Erik Urtz) #2

Just an insane number of great ideas and perspectives today. I highly recommend the entire thread on twitter. https://twitter.com/hashtag/webserieschat?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash

(Bri Castellini) #3

For real! It was a good day, but I think a lot of that stems from most web series people being writers primarily. Moreso than any other film industry group

(Erik Urtz) #4

I generally think most creators are actors, but I think there is some connection between the two groups

(Bri Castellini) #5

That hasn’t been my experience, but that also might be because I’m not in the LA area. I will concede the majority of web series creators are primarily writer-actors (with one role or the other emphasized more, depending on the project)

(Erik Urtz) #6

Its probably an LA thing… everyone here is an actor. lol

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #7

For writing web series my motto is introduce characters early, present the problem and make things as difficult as possible for the protagonist. Get in and get out!

(Alex Barbag) #8

I get an idea, usually a punch line, and then build around that (same as Flagon Series). That’s they way I write my stand up jokes, too.