Welcome back! (teach me tuesday ish)

(Bri Castellini) #1

Hey guys! I don’t really have a Teach Me Tuesday for today because I’m just reentering the world but

how were your holidays??

Did you take a much-needed break, like I did? Did you complete any creative goals? Let me know!

@mintypineapple @Pia_0.0 @samlockie @NerdsOfTheVerse @SecretLivesPS @avincie @movieguyjon @jonathankyall @filmwritr4 @ghettonerdgirl @hermdelica @hailstorm @mdec24 @rjlackie @whoisjonporter @lauriestark @kmd @keif @Starting_Under @HackettKate @thembob @JimiJimi @Huxiley @Monica_Quinn @whoisjonporter @Evie_Marie_Warner @hbnuss @Pablo @microbrien

(Hillary Nussbaum) #2

Happy new year, @Bri_Castellini! I took a break. Feeling recharged and ready to jump back into things!

(Joseph Steven Heath) #3

I took a bit of a break. I still managed to write a short horror script (which was basically just a transcription of a nightmare I had, so that wasn’t too difficult). I wrote half of a comic script I’ve been tinkering with. I made some Doctor Who GIFs. But other than that, it was just straight up relaxing. But I’m ready to dive back in!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #4

I also took a break, but I did notice we’re on the top posts on Instagram for #webserieswednesday and that made me smile.

(Bri Castellini) #5

Congrats!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #6

Took a break and did “almost nothing” creative to kind of clear my brain. I managed to write a little more for the D&D campaign I’m running, but for the most part I read and then I played video games. Got No Man’s Sky for the holidays and have been having a blast with that. My kid got Lego Worlds, and we’ve BOTH been having a blast with that.

(Bri Castellini) #7

I did also almost nothing! It was a revelation! And I feel legitimately recharged in a way I haven’t felt in a while. Woooo doing nothing and video games and welcome back!

(Bri Castellini) #8

I have read this script and it is creepy as all hell and hooray new projects!

(Bri Castellini) #9

Woo! Glad to hear it!

(Blair Hunter) #10

I slept in like every day and it was AMAZING!! Feeling so recharged! Gonna go write some January goals now before I run out of momentum!!

(Bri Castellini) #11

Yes! Rush to keep that momentum rush! Goooo!

(Anna Bateman) #12

My break was a little stressful, but because of family and not work or school. C’est la vie :slight_smile:

(Chris Hadley) #13

Hey guys!

I had a wonderful holiday. I spent time with family and got some very nice gifts. I also spent some time writing a few scripts for some supplemental content that I hope to produce for my web series.
Can’t wait to get back to work on it. Will share my creative goals for 2018, as well! Hope your holidays were awesome, too!

(Bri Castellini) #14

Remember to also share your January-specific goals so you can measure your progress at the end of the month! Welcome back, Chris!

(Kyla) #15

my holiday’s been good so far! a lot of sleeping, a lot of junk food, and a lot of not doing homework which is definitely gonna haunt me on sunday night. instead of doing intense work like I planned, I set aside my current project for a couple days, like I didn’t even think about it, and even though I love working on it it was a nice break.

(also my parents & brother are going away for a couple days right after the break and instead of throwing a party like most teenagers would do I’m trying to figure out if I can do some kinda short film for the few days I have an almost-empty house so whatever I come up with will be… interesting)

(Bri Castellini) #16

after mine own heart, you are. I wish I’d known I wanted to be a filmmaker when I was your age. Now I’m old and ruined and have no mostly empty family home to film in.