What are your creative goals for December?

(Bri Castellini) #1

Let’s keep each other accountable again! (and congrats to all the November goal-keepers!)

I know it’s a holiday month and many of us are traveling and celebrating and even if we aren’t, our collaborators are, but there’s still plenty we can all do!

What are your creative goals for this month?

Mine are:

• ACTUALLY start releasing Sam and Pat! I sent off the files to SeekaTV last night so this should happen!
  • Start pre-production for the two shows I crowdfunded for last month and finalize budget considerations (Stray w/ @Pablo and The Mother Lode)
  • Finish pre-production for a short film I hope to shoot in January (“Buy In”)
  • Start pre-production for another short film I want to do next year (“Dead On Arrival”)
  • Get 20 unique posts on this thread (l’m assuming it’ll be a slow month but if you blow past this perhaps I’ll do something special :slight_smile: )

Tagging those who have joined our goal threads before: @mintypineapple @Pia_0.0 @samlockie @NerdsOfTheVerse @SecretLivesPS @avincie @movieguyjon @jonathankyall @filmwritr4 @ghettonerdgirl @hermdelica @hailstorm @mdec24 @rjlackie @whoisjonporter @lauriestark @kmd @keif @Starting_Under @HackettKate @thembob @JimiJimi @Huxiley @Monica_Quinn @whoisjonporter @Evie_Marie_Warner @hbnuss

(Melissa Malone) #2

December is nuts as I go off to see my family for almost two full weeks- what?! Naturally that doesn’t mean I don’t have things to get done… let’s see…

• Continue coming up with a subtitle for next season of OSTSG
  • Get Golden Rule calendars mailed out to everyone that ordered them
  • Start organizing our first full cast table read
  • Organize for Ocean City Comic Con (and go)
  • Film & edit our holiday special for release ASAP

(Joseph Steven Heath) #3

I kicked last month’s ass. Let’s see if I can do it again.

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload The Green Death.
  • WoR: Queue Gifs, Edit, and Upload The Time Warrior.
  • WoR: Watch, Record, Make and Queue Gifs for Invasion of the Dinosaurs.
  • Finish filming a short film called My Two Clones.
  • Submit something to the Chattanooga Film Festival (preferably My Two Clones, but I have a backup short called Fistful of Pistols if I can’t finish Clones in time).
  • Road Trippy: Write a chapter.

(Bri Castellini) #4

I BELIEVE IN YOU!

(Gabriel Crutchfield) #5
  1. Continue editing episode 4 of Who Is Jon Porter? (someone slap me when I decide to use the green screen for an entire episode again)
  2. Host the final season 2 writer’s meeting of 2017
  3. Finish Christmas shopping (Ha)

(Herman Wang) #6

Release of the rest of The Spell Tutor Season 3 got delayed because our composer moved and thus had to disassemble his music setup temporarily. But I finished the VFX so the only thing left is the music now.

I’ll start planning Season4 once that’s out the door.

I should also get another VFX 101 column done at some point.

(Bri Castellini) #7

Yes please!! Eventually I’ll actually bite the bullet and try to film something using those tips and tricks :slight_smile:

(Bob DeRosa) #8

We shot 3 new episodes of “20 Seconds To Live” last month! This month, the goal is to shoot one more episode and ship some Indiegogo deliverables!

(Bri Castellini) #9

Oh man that reminds me I gotta add

• Make sure all small and/or digital perks are sent out to Stray/Mother Lode S&S donors

(Jonathan Hardesty) #10

Here’s what I completed in October/November:

:white_check_mark: Fix Website, Get Mailing List Created

:white_check_mark: Finish S2E1 script for Flagon

:white_check_mark: Write November’s Email Newsletter

In December here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish. There’s no way I’m hitting all of these or even most, but these are my goals.

:black_large_square: Finish GOTY Edition S1E1

:black_large_square: Find artist / animator for S2 (no/low budget)

:black_large_square: Get attention from Geek & Sundry and other nerd/gaming communities.

:black_large_square: Finish rest of S2 Scripts

:black_large_square: Figure out a content strategy for Flagon Channel for in between seasons.

:black_large_square: Plan and figure out a way to incorporate livestreaming D&D into the Flagon Channel / Community.

(Meg Carroway) #11

November wasn’t so great so December has to be, right??

• Write a new script (any length!)
  • Pitch packet for short film that I didn’t do last month
  • Work on my screenplay (also last month’s failure)
  • Help my friend design some promotional materials for her short film using all the branding advice I’ve gotten from this forum

(Chris Hadley) #12

Right now, I’m hoping to focus on some key areas of producing my web series (The Late, Late News):

Find more writers for season 2
Solicit potential story ideas for episodes 3, 4 and 5 (out of 6)
Create new idea for season 2 finale
Write new season 2 finale script

Once all that’s completed, I’ll launch the casting process for day players, and will try to secure new studio space to film the show. Hope it all goes well!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #13

My thoughts as well!

(Bri Castellini) #14

So what are YOUR goals then? :wink: :wink:

(sam lockie-waring) #15

to be honest, while i’m definitely gonna try to get some writing done i think this month my big goal is

• give myself a dang break.

sometimes to keep up with the grind you gotta give the grind a rest i think. i don’t wanna be such a bummer all the time and maybe the trick to that is, like, a regular sleep schedule and actually taking a vacation instead of using any time off to work work work and read about why the work i’m doing isn’t seo optimized.

(Kyla) #16

this month I’m kinda with @samlockie on the whole take a break thing, but I also have never been good at doing that, and we’re in production right now. so…

my writing goals:

• rewrite episodes 9 & 10 to fit the casting/plot changes

my production goals:

• literally just carry on filming

other webseries related goals:

• figure out episode titles
  • post regularly on our social media page
  • schedule dates for post-holiday shoots

compared to my usual goals, it’s pretty lowkey. best of luck to everyone else!

(Jonathan Kaplan) #17

Word yall!!

The Killing it! goals are:

Writing jamz to chisel away at the new season

Preparing for our 2 screenings next year: one at the Cinema Arts Center in Huntington, Long Island on January 25th and another at Steel City Improv Theater in Pittsburgh on Feb 8th

Keep promoting the show IRL

And also I’m a somewhat daily contributor to this news recap webseries https://www.facebook.com/newstomewebseries/ and my goal is to keep contributing!

(Rodrigo Diaz Ricci) #18

My goals for December are:

• To release the fourth episode of my Web series Ligeia the Vampire.
  • Finish the Pitch for an international financing fund (Threadless Artist Shop) on December 31.
  • Finish writing a new Sci-Fi pilot related to the above.
  • Finish writing my new biography to apply to a series of web festivals, mainly that of Seoul.
    -Expect positively the results of the web series contest in which I participated with the project Spiders in the Night. I say positively because it has been an excellent experience and if I do not classify, I have been given a lot of good feedback to continue with my projects.

(Alex Barbag) #19
  • Finish editing episode 10 (John C Beale) of Safe For Work.
  • Write the script of episode 11 of Safe For Work
  • Get started on my broccoli scientist webseries idea.
  • Work out my plan for a stand-up comedy special.

(Bri Castellini) #20

Good luck, and welcome to the goals party!