What are your creative goals for December?

(Tinisha Brugnone) #21
  • Promote my show “Candidly Speaking” on social media more
  • Submit to at least two organizations for funding opportunities and mentorships
  • complete my show website
  • book interviews for January’s episodes
  • watch more unscripted television
  • work on marketing strategies

and most importantly, remain positive and determined!

(Hillary Nussbaum) #22

My goals:

• Get back on set! (Try to line up opportunities to AD or Direct in Jan/Feb)
  • Pitch! (Send pitches to 1 or 2 people who have said they are open to them)
  • Write! (Outline at least 1 ep of my new series concept)
  • Promote! (Continue press/social media push for Keep Me Posted)

(Marc L) #23
  • Find a co-writer for my first independent film project
  • Film a scene for my reel
  • Submit for at least 5 new acting jobs

(James Boo) #24

Hey y’all! I’m a longtime “let the notifications pile up”-er, now first-time poster.

Here’s what I’m up to in December (I hope it’s OK that I share goals that aren’t web series related, because I’m taking a break from my own series for a bit):

• Raise $15K for the first leg of my next feature documentary.
  • Build a road map, recruit a business development lead, and set Q1 goals for a new podcast/network that I’m aiming to launch in summer 2018.
  • Bounce my general strategy for how to keep my web series audience growing in 2018, while producing next to no new content, off of some more experienced folks (namely, people who have a lot of experience with YouTube audience development), so I feel good about how much effort I’ll put into it in the new year.

(Bri Castellini) #25

Welcome James!! And best of luck!

(Meg Carroway) #26
  • Write a new script (any length!) :white_check_mark:
  • Pitch packet for short film that I didn’t do last month :x:
  • Work on my screenplay (also last month’s failure) :x:
  • Help my friend design some promotional materials for her short film using all the branding advice I’ve gotten from this forum :white_check_mark:

Halfway there! (woah woah, living on a prayer!)

(Bri Castellini) #27

Congrats!

(Bri Castellini) #28
  • ACTUALLY start releasing Sam and Pat! I sent off the files to SeekaTV last night so this should happen! :white_check_mark: Watch the first two episodes here!
  • Start pre-production for the two shows I crowdfunded for last month and finalize budget considerations (Stray w/ @Pablo and The Mother Lode) :red_circle: (I have meetings for both this week)
  • Finish pre-production for a short film I hope to shoot in January (“Buy In”) :red_circle: (shot list meeting this week but after that I’m done!)
  • Start pre-production for another short film I want to do next year (“Dead On Arrival”) :white_check_mark: (I love starting pre-production during the holidays because it means I can ask for props and costumes for Christmas and use that to alleviate my budget!)
  • Get 20 unique posts on this thread (l’m assuming it’ll be a slow month but if you blow past this perhaps I’ll do something special :slight_smile: ) :red_circle: SO CLOSE. 2 people away! @JimiJimi? @Huxiley? @Pia_0.0?

(Pia) #29

sorry Ive been MIA!! My goals:

• finish editing my final project for post production class
  • edit my web series script
  • enjoy Christmas break!

(Bri Castellini) #30

Good luck! And welcome back!

(Joseph Steven Heath) #31

UPDATE:

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload The Green Death. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Queue Gifs, Edit, and Upload The Time Warrior. :o: (All done but the upload.)
  • WoR: Watch, Record, Make and Queue Gifs for Invasion of the Dinosaurs. :o: (All done but the GIFs.)
  • Finish filming a short film called My Two Clones. :white_check_mark: (Ok, I didn’t finish filming it, but I did film most of it. And I’m actually putting it on the backburner to finish up a different short.)
  • Submit something to the Chattanooga Film Festival (preferably My Two Clones, but I have a backup short called Fistful of Pistols if I can’t finish Clones in time). :white_check_mark: (Submitted Pistols!)
  • Road Trippy: Write a chapter. :white_check_mark:

(Bri Castellini) #32

You are KILLING IT (™ @jonathankyall) these past few months! Congrats!

(Jaime Lancaster) #33
  • Finish marketing plan for a project I’m producing
  • Get everyone’s schedules for the next few months
  • Relax and wish for snow!! :snowflake:

(Bri Castellini) #34

Good luck! And hey, your goals post just completed one of MINE! 20 unique posts, complete! :white_check_mark:

(Jaime Lancaster) #35

Yay! Glad I could help! :slight_smile:

(Kyla) #36

I AM LIVING.

my writing goals:

• rewrite episodes 9 & 10 to fit the casting/plot changes :white_check_mark:

my production goals:

• literally just carry on filming :white_check_mark::grey_question: so far so good (knock on wood)

other webseries related goals:

• figure out episode titles :white_check_mark:
  • post regularly on our social media page :white_check_mark::grey_question: so far so good!
  • schedule dates for post-holiday shoots :white_check_mark:

(Bri Castellini) #37

:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

(Bri Castellini) #38

How’s everyone doing?? I’m basically done with mine and COULD NOT BE MORE HYPED FOR A BREAK!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #39

Wow! I’m impressed with what people accomplished this month. I must admit I lost track of my goals this month being that it starts off as my birthday month (Dec 1) then tapers off as holiday break month. Slowly but surely I’m getting back into the groove of things. I haven’t gotten as lost as I was this time last year because of Stareable and for that I’m grateful. Keep up the good work everyone! <3

(Joseph Steven Heath) #40

UPDATE:

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload The Green Death. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Queue Gifs, Edit, and Upload The Time Warrior. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Watch, Record, Make and Queue Gifs for Invasion of the Dinosaurs. :white_check_mark:
  • Finish filming a short film called My Two Clones. :white_check_mark: (Ok, I didn’t finish filming it, but I did film most of it. And I’m actually putting it on the backburner to finish up a different short.)
  • Submit something to the Chattanooga Film Festival (preferably My Two Clones, but I have a backup short called Fistful of Pistols if I can’t finish Clones in time). :white_check_mark: (Submitted Pistols!)
  • Road Trippy: Write a chapter. :white_check_mark: