Look at you!!
Yeah, almost no matter how bad the transcript is, just lining up the caption timing for you is a big time saver.
I sometimes use YouTube’s auto-captions as a starting point instead, but they don’t always break up the lines in the most sensible places, whereas Rev seems to.
(And thank you! I need to get a listing here, but I want to at least get the second webisode out first.)
late to the game, but:
- cast our main characters!!
- get final drafts for our all our scripts done
- breakdown half the season + the pilot
- recruit our entire pre-production team
- start our marketing materials (websites/social, logos, crowdfunding incentives)
My goals include:
Continue my weekly YouTube series reviewing short films
Get a final draft of my short film.
Complete my rough cut on an EditStock project.
Watch whatever videos I can on video editing!
Love this thread!
I’m already in panic mode about how much to get done before my next birthday in December…
My goals are to:
Start promoting my Facebook Live conversation on how to “Harness Your Fears as an Artist” (see here for more info: Harness Your Fears as an Artist (FREE ONLINE SESSION))
Submit to more webfests (including Stareable! - it’s ok if our show is featured on the site already, right?)
Get my local doc series pitch approved for funding and if I don’t, I move onto the next pitch, and the next and the next…
Continue to track down and secure short-term freelancing gigs as a producer, prod manager, production coordinator, researcher, etc.
Prep for a local doc series as director…my first paid gig on someone else’s show, woo-hoo!
Yes of course! Doubly encouraged, at that point!!
- Start assembling a cut of my latest short horror film “Buy In”
- Promote the f— out of the YouTube/Facebook release of my new web series Sam and Pat Are Depressed
- Make a new producer reel definitely gonna be a late February task…
- Close-caption three more Brains episodes and three more Relativity episodes I’ve done the necessary Brains episodes and just have to caption 1 more Relativity to complete this one!
- Get 20 unique posts on this thread only 11 so far… need 9 more goal-keepers before the end of the month! Tag a forum friend!
How’s everyone else doing?? @mintypineapple @Pia_0.0 @samlockie @NerdsOfTheVerse @SecretLivesPS @avincie @movieguyjon @jonathankyall @filmwritr4 @ghettonerdgirl @hermdelica @hailstorm @mdec24 @rjlackie @whoisjonporter @lauriestark @kmd @keif @Starting_Under @HackettKate @thembob @JimiJimi @Huxiley @Monica_Quinn @whoisjonporter @hbnuss @Jessi_Almstead @mkatiehunter @kimhoyos @gmcalpin @OSTSG @alwaysafilmgeek @RobbieRuviews
Killing it had 2 screenings in Long Island and Pittsburgh! We got in the newspaper and everything. Pretty good turnout and meeting new people. CHECK!
We are writing our new season HARD yo. We are writing the fuck out of it and still writing. CHECK
We got some sweet new distro shit poppin with ENV Pictures and Bigop.tv! CHECK
Another screening is being scheduled for April in BOSTON! CHECK
Hope everyone is staying positive, committed to their team and running toward their goals!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihp9de2_7pc WHATEVER IT TAKES! WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!
Got wardrobe figured out for our new character.
We’ve also been cold-called for roles by a few people, so that’s a nice development. I haven’t had to do any real casting this season.
Finalize everything for the full cast table read at the end of the month.
Make final script adjustments (based on said table read) this can’t happen until after the table read on the 24th…
Begin figuring out where the hell the $$ will come from for production… fundraisers, sponsors, coproducers? Try to avoid another inevitable crowd funding campaign… This will never end. However did start sending out some emails…
Meet with our DP and decide if it will be financially possible to work together again on the new season. emailing now- thanks for reminding me to check me list lol
Start location scouting for our main location just starting this week
Get Golden Rule files together to send out to VWF and ISAs
Continue to promote Golden Rule in new and interesting ways Yes! Golden Rule and other seasons. Check out our Valentine’s Day E-Cards (one for each season), below and feel free to use them! We are doing a contest on social media when anyone shares one and uses #ostsg.
And also- Happy Valentine’s Day! **
- The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload The Monster of Peladon.
- WoR: Make/Queue Gifs, Record, Edit, and Upload Planet of the Spiders. (Gifs and record are done. Edit in progress.)
- WoR: Record a Third Doctor Special.
- Edit a rough cut of what I have filmed of My Two Clones. (I haven’t even touched it. Yikes.)
- Road Trippy: Write a chapter.
- Submit a thing or two to the Stareable Fest. (One thing is submitted and I will be submitting another soon.)
- Watch a couple web series and write about them for this very website. (Well, I cheated a little and wrote about Sam and Pat which I had already watched last month.)
edit/touch up episodes 5-9 for table reads this month edited 5/6/7 and had that table read!
schedule vanessa reshoots
schedule post-march break shoots
release first teaser trailer
write the song for 5.5
film at least 5 school scenes (7 booked) 2 done already!
film at least 5 non-school scenes (7 booked) 3 done already!
finish rewrite of episode 10
map costumes/makeup/hair for all scenes from all episodes
set up 80s/tv teen drama tumblr (taking bri’s themed blog idea!)
map out potential timeline/shooting schedule for short film this summer
Look at you!!
We’re halfway through Feb already, gah!
Start promoting my Facebook Live conversation on how to “Harness Your Fears as an Artist”: https://www.facebook.com/events/2070551806515878/ - opt for “going” if you want this to happen. Also, I just got my contract in the mail from the local school of art to deliver this as a workshop in the Spring…woo-hoo!
Submit to more webfests (including Stareable! - it’s ok if our show is featured on the site already, right?) Just submitted to TO Fest, Stareable is next on my list…
Get my local doc series pitch approved for funding and if I don’t, I move onto the next pitch, and the next and the next…I’m on the shortlist for a local grant to actually do one more episode of my web series, The Secret Lives of Public Servants and I submitted my local doc series pitch earlier this week (it has to be in French, so extra proud of getting all the docs written up and translated)
Continue to track down and secure short-term freelancing gigs as a producer, prod manager, production coordinator, researcher, etc. Just signed two contracts, one as director for a local doc series, another as a sales/sponsorship coordinator for a webseries
…Also, I’m pencilled in as a future Creative Mornings speaker!
oh shit i forgot to do this this month. goals:
- look book for new concept i’m writing
- give comments on a friend’s feature script he wants my help with
- start comparison shopping for a lighting kit
- we’re doing chemistry reads this sunday and will be making final offers on monday!
- final drafts on half are done and the rest are due on the 20th, but we’re going to be re-writing to fit our cast soon after
- pilot breakdown is done! we have our budget, too, and are prepping to shoot.
- we have three more producers along with me and my co-exec producer, a production designer, someone to do final edits on scripts, graphic designers, web developers, and our craft-y! the big one left is a location scout, but if we can’t find someone in time, at least two of the producers are also solid location scouts.
- we have logo drafts! and a sticker design in the works for higher-tier/local crowdfunding, we’re starting our write-up for our web dev to start building our website, we have our social handles reserved/facebook page made
we’re making progress!!! we’re so excited.
My goals this month are to release ep 6 of my series! Apply for more festivals and supply my actors with the new scripts for some upcoming projects!